Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 54
Pentax K-7 DIY split screen

I have found this DIY for pentax k-7 split screen..quite cool

you guys can see it at Pentax DSLR and can try it..

04-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 482
Interesting. Honestly I would not do it for my K7, it was too expensive to try going DIY on it )
04-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 54
Original Poster
i think can do for other model too..as long as the focusing screen is exchangeable
04-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 61
Did a DIY split screen for my K-7 and i am still not entirely sure about the accuracy of the manual focusing. somehow it seems the split screen is off a little and but i have no idea how i could fix that.

04-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,484
QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
Did a DIY split screen for my K-7 and i am still not entirely sure about the accuracy of the manual focusing. somehow it seems the split screen is off a little and but i have no idea how i could fix that.
Find LanceB's thread on shimming the screen. Your screen is likely too close to, or not far enough away from the prism (or it's in upside down). The result gives the Effect of front or back focusing.

04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
Did a DIY split screen for my K-7 and i am still not entirely sure about the accuracy of the manual focusing. somehow it seems the split screen is off a little and but i have no idea how i could fix that.
You have to buy the shims from Pentax
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 285
I did it!

QuoteOriginally posted by v3t0 Quote
I have found this DIY for pentax k-7 split screen..quite cool

you guys can see it at Pentax DSLR and can try it..
Just made my own split screen for my K10 yesterday. Works perfectly

I dissected an old Pentax ME and cut its screen to fit. Sharpness is spot on, I'd say. The may be a tiny difference between AF an MF because of the AF adjustment I made on the camera, but both are within DOF.

That guy seems to work very precisely, mine looks far worse (but is fully functional). However, I can not recommend using scissors, I almost cracked mine while trying . Use sandpaper, a file or grind it.

Glad I tried, I almost can't remember how MF was possible without one!
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,071
Anyone know how to take out the screen from a K1000? I can't seem to remove the top of the camera to get at the screen.

04-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 54
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip:
Just made my own split screen for my K10 yesterday. Works perfectly

I dissected an old Pentax ME and cut its screen to fit. Sharpness is spot on, I'd say. The may be a tiny difference between AF an MF because of the AF adjustment I made on the camera, but both are within DOF.

That guy seems to work very precisely, mine looks far worse (but is fully functional). However, I can not recommend using scissors, I almost cracked mine while trying . Use sandpaper, a file or grind it.

Glad I tried, I almost can't remember how MF was possible without one!
Glad to hear you made it and work perfectly. I think your scissors not good enough to cut thick plastic.

Now i also created my own grid using knife on my focusing screen..no need to buy expensive focusing screen with the grid..hehe
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, diy, dslr, k-7, pentax, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY split screen for my K10D gabriel_bc Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 01-06-2010 01:07 PM
Pentax split prism focus screen or not? jack56 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 7 07-22-2009 06:43 PM
DIY Split screen from ZX-m screen dlacouture Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 04-15-2009 04:28 AM
Quick Question: Pentax KM screen replaceable with split-focus screen? vinzer Pentax Film SLR Discussion 2 01-06-2009 01:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top