Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay I'll play.

The nominal FPS is high enough for most purposes in the K-7. However it is seriously slowed down by the AF system. So to put a concrete demand on a future AF system, I would like it to be exactly snappy enough to keep up with the K-7 nominal frame rate.

The shake reduction system could also use improvement. As per Falk Lumo's study and my own experiences, it is not up to its task at focal lengths beyond 200mm. A Macro-mode would be cool too.

The ergonomics of K-7 are fairly good. My personal pet peeve with it is the position of the LV button, I would like to see it moved to a place a bit further away from other buttons. Unless of course it's possible to deactivate the button in firmware; just like they did with the operation of the 4-way controller in AF-select mode.

04-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Faster AF with more points. Ditch SAFOX, I don't think the nostalgia is worth it for the damage it seems to have done to Pentax.

12-16MP Sony Sensor - hell, the K-x sensor seems to better for my purposes than the Samsung in the K-7. APS-C. APS-H is just dicking around. Either shit or get off the dunny.

Again, AA adaptor for the grip. Make sure the grip comes with a large, easy-to-read warning stating the use of AA batteries is entirely optional, and that it will still work with Li-ions. This is so we don't get reams of threads bitching about how "omg AA not pro quality."

De-cripple KAF mount, with automatic, user-set EV compensation to compensate for the inherent inaccuracy of f-stop communication with a mechanical system.

Removable mode knob, with smooth replacement cover that blends seemlessly into the top deck, removing any hint of there ever being a knob their in the first place. Along with this, firmware that removes all modes save for Manual, as well as the LCD preview, Live View, etc. This is to minimise whinging about "real photographers" don't need cameras that have these, even though it's no problem at all to implement, cost nothing extra, and is purely optional. Also, removes AF operation. Delete button on back of camera will also be removable, and firmware will not recognise any SD card big enough to hold more than 38 JPEGs (since these photographers never take a dud shot and therefore never have to delete a photo, and never post-process, because they learned on FILM, man! The two extra shots are there because they always loaded the film leader properly the first time, and never had to wind on to the zero on the counter.) Tentatively titled "Rockwell mode."

Proper Street Photography mode: This mode will only be useable after the inputting of a valid credit card number into the camera when the mode dial is first turned to PSP mode. When used, upon taking the first shot in said mode, photographer's credit card is charged $10,000US. This is to simulate the effect of a Leica camera and Summicron lens.
04-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #18
JMI

I want the flagship with different color bodies like the kx...
04-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
19) A viewfinder that sticks out from the body so we don't have to crush and slime our noses all over the screen.

20) Weather-sealed flash units, both on the camera and off...

Cheers,
Cameron
X3 on the viewfinder!!!!
Better high ISO performance.
Better AF