Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Inactive Account

CHDK Solution for Pentax Cams?

Hi all,

i look for a solution to use a equal script like CHDK for my pentax cam. is it possible?

regard

04-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Ari
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just curious as to why you would need this? For anyone not familiar with this - Canon Hack Development Kit. And it's for Powershots, not DSLR's. So maybe this belongs in the P&S section?
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The nearest you'll come at the moment is with the information at the Pentax Hack site and discussed in the linked thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/67897-pentax-firmware-hack-site.html

Unfortunately, its gone a little quiet of late as the main driver of the site (tr13) has a real job to do as well......

Cheers
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #4

Keep dreaming...

I love CHDK, so after I bought K-X, I sold Lumix FZ28 but kept Canon SD1100 thanks to CHDK.
It works really nice for things like timelapses and even HDR timelapses

03-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #5

Pentax Remote Assistant

It's not CHDK, but Pentax does have software called "Pentax Remote Assistant" that provides remote shutter release, time-lapse, and alot more. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it only works with a handful of older dSLR cameras, like the *ist, K10D, K20D. I think that has more to do with them changing the design of the firmware than anything else.

That means there'd likely need to be at least two different versions of a Pentax-CHDK: one for the older K10D/K20D cameras, and one for the newer K-series cameras.

Last edited by Phearce; 03-08-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: minor wording