Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2007, 01:58 AM   #1

Buying a new Pentax very soon ;=)

Hi,

I want to buy a new Pentax K10D for use with my M42 lenses. I have never owned a Pentax before but I heard that for use with M42 lenses, you need to use Manual Mode and enter the focal length of the lens and magically, focus confirmation is activated...so cool.

As some user also suggest that the K10D focusing screen is too bright so when using manual lens at large aperture, basically there will be some problems with metering issue. To avoid this, I heard that we only need to change the screen with older one like ist D and it works just fine. As the ist D is now discontinued, I'm having a difficult time finding its replacement screen and I wonder if I can use the K100D screen on the K10D.

Also I have a fews M42 lenses with aperture pin that need to be pushed, otherwise I can only shoot wide open. I search for some M42-K mound adaptor but none seems to have a flange for this pin. Do you know any that will do that? I found a Goshot Camera adaptor which seems to be able to do that but since I'm new, I'm not entirely sure.
http://www.goshotcamera.com/product/LAD003M42KPK

Has anyone here use it before?
Thanks in advanced

07-26-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

As far as I know, manual mode, or aperture priority mode.

I've ordered a genuine Pentax adapter for my (single) M42 lens - by all accounts it's easier to fit & remove. Obviously it's gonna be more expensive, but worth it I'd say.
07-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I´ve heard that a focus screen from Pentax DS works.
You can buy a Pentax K100D, it works without exchange screens.