Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #1

K-x delay in showing picture on screen

Hey everyone!
Wondering if anyone has any guidance on the following problem:
I have a K-x that was purchased about two months ago. What has started happening is that after I take a shot, there is a delay of about 5 seconds before the image appears on the screen. Have not found any solutions.

Anyone help?

Thanks

04-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I ran into this same issue as well.

My guess is that along the line you enabled distortion correction, Lateral chromatic aberration adjustment, shadow correction and highlight correction.

Each of these features will increase the time it takes for your image to be displayed. Disable / enable as you see fit.
04-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #3

agreed with noah, turn off all the corrections for the fastest display. if you shoot in raw, you can always enable those corrections afterward in camera for the keepers, or do it in PP.
05-01-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
That is what I found as well. The lens corrections can be done afterwards with a computer program or on the camera afterwards?

05-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Genshu Quote
That is what I found as well. The lens corrections can be done afterwards with a computer program or on the camera afterwards?
Yes, if you shoot in RAW or RAW+, you can go into playback mode and edit the photos in-camera, turning the various corrections on/off, as well as changing the color mode (bright, natural, etc).

You can also post-process the raw with the bundled program from Pentax, or in your favorite full featured photo-editor.
05-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
thk u for the clarification. What is the difference between raw and raw+. Still lookin to get a photo app as i photo doesnt handle raw files.
05-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Genshu Quote
thk u for the clarification. What is the difference between raw and raw+. Still lookin to get a photo app as i photo doesnt handle raw files.
raw+ === raw plus jpeg