Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I don't think the metering works in AV with M series lenses. It only works at the lowest aperture rating, so if I have an M lens 50mm f1.4, it's constantly metering at the f1.4 aperture, even if it's set at f11.

With Takumars, it should theoretically work in AV mode, but people here are saying otherwise. I'm a bit curious now, I'm going to try my Taks in a second.
You're right, it doesn't, it just shoots wide open with M, but at least you get catch in focus.

With taks, you get Av mode that half works (EV required that may change with aperture) but you don't get catch in focus. See my firmware wishlist thread for more info.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k7, lenses, photography