Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote

No one knows, and it's the final product that matters.
I owe you a beer.

04-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hockmasm Quote
Do you shoot the exact shot you want in camera? Mostly I do this...long ingrained habit from my film days, I guess.cropped and all? or do you shoot looser and crop in Photoshop? whats the preferred method?
But I am doing more cropping...and particularly colour enhancing in my post processing.
04-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hockmasm Quote
what size pictures should i be shooting? waht setting is normal if im just shooting for myself and probably never print bigger that 11x17
I would shoot at the largest size the camera records - if you shoot JPG then the highest quality setting. You can always throw away resolution later, but you can't get it back if you never had it.

I have the 6 mp *ist DS and I've printed a few 12x18's from it. It easily makes 11x14 images that look great from 12 inches away, I'm sure yours (K-x?) would do even better. I always frame the shot I want in-camera, sometimes I will crop later if it looks better that way or I need to for the print I'm making, but it's always good to try to get the initial shot as close to what you want as you can.
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
I compose and shoot the photo. While reviewing it later in Adobe Bridge, I may or may not crop, generally using Adobe Camera Raw only. BUT, if I feel I want to do any heavy adjustments, I will do these and the cropping in Photoshop.

05-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any cropping I do is done in Photoshop. I DO shoot with the intention of cropping however. In other words, if a specific lens is too wide for the closeup I want the final image to be, I'll frame the shot to get the best out of cropping the photo (if that makes sense)..

05-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #21

I tend to compose while shooting, but i know that i can crop using the camera tools or PP and since i mostly print 10x15 i'm not too much obsessed by it.

QuoteOriginally posted by anthers Quote
cut...
I have the 6 mp *ist DS and I've printed a few 12x18's from it. It easily makes 11x14 images that look great from 12 inches away, I'm sure yours (K-x?) would do even better...cut
With the K-x i managed to print a 10x15 cropping a landscape picture to portrait (hence reducing by roughly 2/3 the resloution) without quality loss, i mean if i didn't know wich was the cropped picture it was impossible for me to guess.
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
Inactive Account

I compose while shooting and very rarely crop. Often when I do crop it's because the image wasn't as straight as I would like it and a little needs to be shaved off.

c[_]
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I frame the photo when I shoot, I almost never crop. The only times I end up cropping are if I caught a photo in process and just had to hit the shutter before I could position the camera carefully and my subject ends up in a weird place When I look through the viewfinder there's always a way to balance what I see within the frame (I prefer to shoot primes, so I'd better find a way!).

05-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #24

Photoshop.