Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2010, 03:33 AM   #1

badly help needed

I am planning to buy k7 2lens kit priced $1179.98 from Welcome to Abes of Maine. But, bing cashback doesn't work with this product. I read from the forums that ppl purchased through bing cashback. Plz help me as I can save some money.

Last edited by Adam; 05-02-2010 at 12:16 PM.
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you checked this amazon deal? Amazon.com: Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video with DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant Lens: Camera & Photo
$975 with one lens; I'm sure the second can be acquired for less than the difference individually.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rohit anupoju Quote
I am planning to buy k7 2lens kit priced $1179.98 from Welcome to Abes of Maine. But, bing cashback doesn't work with this product. I read from the forums that ppl purchased through bing cashback. Plz help me as I can save some money.
You have to set up a Bing cashback account (costs nothing to do) and enter your purchase from a Bing search link. Unless the cashback is 10 or 20 percent, the price can be bettered many times.

05-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
cheapest deal

Thanks Adam. But, I found another good deal from Pentax K7 , 14.6 Megapixel Digital SLR, Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm II Lens Kit
Couple of things here, 1. Is this website reliable? and 2. Is the 18-55mm II Lens, a PENTAX WR lens?

Suggest me with this please.
Thanks

05-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
You have to set up a Bing cashback account (costs nothing to do) and enter your purchase from a Bing search link. Unless the cashback is 10 or 20 percent, the price can be bettered many times.

JeffJS, I already setup my live ID with bing cashback, but when tried to search the product on bing CB website it only shows Adorama.com product but not Abesofmaine.com.
Anyways today I called abesofmaine and came to know the product is unavailable.
Thanks
05-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
Inactive Account

JeffJS, I already setup my live ID with bing cashback, but when tried to search the product on bing CB website it only shows Adorama.com product but not Abesofmaine.com.
Anyways today I called abesofmaine and came to know the product is unavailable.
Thanks
Then Abes Of Maine doesn't participate in the cashback program. Participation and the amount is Vendor dependent. Even with Ebay.

05-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks JeffJS. The reviews from the customers are mixed on the store, so still not sure to buy from them.
05-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks Adam. But, I found another good deal from Pentax K7 , 14.6 Megapixel Digital SLR, Digital Camera w/ 18-55mm II Lens Kit
Couple of things here, 1. Is this website reliable? and 2. Is the 18-55mm II Lens, a PENTAX WR lens?

Suggest me with this please.
Thanks
I've never heard of them...I'd go with the amazon offer just to stay on the safe side.

If it says it comes with the DA 18-55mm II, then it is not the WR version. My K-7 kit came with the WR lens (which I promptly sold ), but I don't believe they all do- and I got the camera the day it came out, pretty much.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've never heard of them...I'd go with the amazon offer just to stay on the safe side.

If it says it comes with the DA 18-55mm II, then it is not the WR version. My K-7 kit came with the WR lens (which I promptly sold ), but I don't believe they all do- and I got the camera the day it came out, pretty much.
Camera Kings is a classic bait and switch outfit. I'd avoid them at all costs. People really need to check out Resellerratings.com before making purchases online...

I'd stick with a reputable merchant like Amazon, BH or Adorama.