Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison
Posted By: mattdm, 12-03-2008, 08:33 PM

As I'm sure has been apparent from all my recent messages, I'm working on a very thorough comparison of all of the available P-TTL hotshoe-mount flashes for Pentax dSLRs.

I had originally envisioned this as a Google Knol, but the amount of information has quickly grown beyond the "single unit of knowledge" that system is designed to handle.

So, while I think I'll still maintain the Knol site in some fashion (not sure exactly how -- maybe as a truncated version), I've moved instead to my own site:

Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison: The Definitive Guide.

<http://pttl.mattdm.org/>

This lets me have better organization, better version control, templates for charts, and some javascript widgets in the future.

Let me know what you think, and if you happen to notice any errors or anything lost in translation between the Google-based site and this one please alert me. (And to any other errors as well, of course.)

I'm going to add some different views of the same data in the form of entry-level, mid-range, and high-end specific guides, so people with an idea of what they're looking for already can get to the point more quickly. And I'm going to make a specific page for each flash, containing its flash-burst profile, links to documentation, etc. I'm also open to other ideas!
Views: 10,271
06-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This has been discussed here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/43215-pen...omparison.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well it's definitely a great resource Matt.
We've seen it before, but good to see it make it to the articles section.
Well worth a look for all those interested in purchasing a new flashgun for their Pentax dSLR.