Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Neck strap or hand strap? Both
Posted By: JimmyDranox, 09-05-2013, 03:51 AM

Usually I don't like the neck strap, for various reasons. I prefer the hand strap. But, some times, the neck strap can be usefull. The problem is that ataching and detaching a strap is a time consuming work.

So, when I bought a K-5, I quickly made a strap holder, to work with hand strap all the time, and with neck strap, only when I need it. And also, to be able to put my camera on a table without a problem.

Of course, it is not perfect, nor in conception, neither in handcraft - I did in a hurry. Most certainly, in the future, I will make a much better design, for which I already have some new ideas. Including a model for my K-r.

This is my second DiY project in photography (in astronomy I had several). I hope that in a near future to be able to present you my first project, which reached the 10'th prototype, and I'm still not satisfied with it.

I forgot to mention that I did this by textolite, which is a fairly easy and durable material. As you can see, there are some signs of use, after three month of wear.

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 04-17-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Views: 5,112
02-21-2015, 03:49 AM   #16
PFH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Two words: Peak Design.
https://peakdesign.com/store/pro-strap-pack

02-21-2015, 06:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes, it can be a solution, but not for me anymore. I stay away from neck strap after I was ready to break my camera two time because the strap hanged on things, and I almost drop it.

Until a new idea, no neck strap, only hand strap, and a bag. And the inferior part was changed to a L shape Arca Swiss plate, with some modifications.
04-01-2016, 03:57 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another vote for Op/Tech gear.

I have a shoulder strap with extensions to allow it to be used as a sling; an elastic harness; and (may favorite) a wrist strap. With the Op/Tech connectors, I can change according to my activity. Also, I have another set of connectors on my binos, so I can use the same straps on them as well.
04-02-2016, 04:15 AM   #19
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been pleased with use of a harness intended for binoculars or a camera. The one I selected is one of the several models sold by Eagle Optics.