Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Remote and Wired Triggers
Posted By: Moondawg, 12-15-2013, 07:18 AM

I did not find a definitive post regarding remotes, wired and/or remote - please direct me if there is one.

I see many trigger options, both Pentax and third party, but I am not sure what the benefits are for each one compared to each other for my K30.

Wired vs Remote: Will a non wired trigger (remote) work when I am positioned behind the camera? When using the wired trigger is the K30 no longer weather resistant?

Functionality: I have read some posts stating that the AF can be active when using a trigger (remote or wired) is that true for all shooting mode selections in the K30? Some of the triggers (remote or wired) have multiple buttons, other than activating the shutter, what other actions can be activated by these other buttons?

When I look for the listing of which Pentax DSLR's the trigger will work with I do not always see the K30. Are there other Pentax camera's that could be listed which would mean the device would also work with the K30? (If it states one "K" model will it work for all "K" models?)

Thank You!
Views: 1,475
12-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any camera can see an infrared remote, if it has a sensor on the side of the camera the remote is pointed at. If it doesn't it only works from the other side. The manual for your camera should have a diagram pointing out the locations of the remote receivers. Infrared remotes have problems at distance (there is a limit) and in very bright light. I bought a cheap (US$ 2.50 shipped) wired remote from the East for those occasions.