Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4
Posted By: Budster48, 11-18-2013, 12:23 PM

I have been using this software for about 4 months and now it won't come up when I click the Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4 shortcut on my desktop. It gets a runtime error. I removed it using the remove software feature in WinXP and then reinstalled what came on my CD when I bought the camera and then I retrieved the latest version 4.40 from the www site and installed that. It still won't work. I consider myself a savvy user (not an IT guru) of Win Xp but can't get it to work any longer on my home desktop PC. It runs fine on my Laptop on Win 7.

I believe I have sufficient memory and disk space on the PC and am running SP3 on XP as the software says is required.

I also have made sure all the WinXP updates are in place and of course I have re-booted the PC many times.

Every other piece of s/w on my PC runs fine except the Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4.

Any suggestions?
Views: 3,748
11-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You should post your question in the forum, not in the articles...

Perhaps the database of PDCU is corrupt. Delete the file PTXUTL.mdb in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Pentax\Digital Camera Utility 4

Last edited by fs999; 11-18-2013 at 02:55 PM.