Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Q Camera DNG Profiles
Posted By: Adam, 09-17-2018, 10:39 AM

I'm sharing some camera profiles (attached) for the Pentax Q which are being contributed by Bruce McL, who's not an active member here but still wanted to share this as a resource.

QuoteQuote:
From the readme file:
Adobe Flat - for each Q camera. This profile is for recovering shadows and highlights. Using the profile will often require adding some contrast, which is a lot easier than removing it. The tone curve in the profile is what Adobe calls "Linear" in their DNG Profile Editor app. To create this I didn't really add a tone curve, I just told Adobe not to add their own. This technique has been a big help with a lot of my cameras.

Adobe Standard for the Q-S1. I copied this profile, as well as the Adobe Flat profile, from the Q7. I have read a lot of speculation that these two cameras use the same sensor and the same processing engine. From my experience making and modifying profiles, that looks to be true.

I added two profiles each for the Q7 and Q-S1: Cam Standard and Cam Linear. The new profiles were made with Lumariver Profile Designer software.

The Cam profiles all have the same colors, which are different than Adobe Standard colors. The tone curves for Cam Standard and Linear are similar to, but not identical to, the Adobe Standard and Flat profiles.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Pentax Q camera profiles(2).zip (3.50 MB, 71 views)

Views: 2,360