Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Pentax Custom Image Profile - PentaFan
Posted By: ZeGaby, 02-14-2022, 04:23 AM

I don't know if there is some people who are looking for a list of custom profile image ?
I just discovered this site : PentaFan, who centralize many custom image profile for Pentax dslr.

https://www.pentafan.com/customimage/
Views: 2,012
02-14-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am curious. What are these and how are they used?

Steve
02-15-2022, 03:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

This is what I was looking for. How can I use these Custom Image Profiles? Any chance that the web page has an English version?
02-15-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am curious. What are these and how are they used?
Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by Hidrieus Quote
This is what I was looking for. How can I use these Custom Image Profiles? Any chance that the web page has an English version?
I use Google translate, and its really easy to understand.

These custom image profile, are the setting you apply directly in your DSLR (as Auto Select, Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Flat, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome, Cross Processing). On my K1, i select by clicking on the right panel.
Here they show specifics settings : https://www.pentafan.com/customimage/nature-spotlight.html

They have a lot of differents rendering, as the simulation film on Fujifilm.

Here some B&W examples : alphabet
kusatsu-monotoon
rotten-pile-monotone

02-15-2022, 06:07 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZeGaby Quote
These custom image profile, are the setting you apply directly in your DSLR
I am very familiar with edited custom image settings for in-camera processing, but am unaware of any way to apply them as upload on a camera such as your K-1. I also wonder how they might be applied out-of-camera in post-processing. Please explain.

Is this just something that is manually entered into the camera?

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-15-2022 at 06:20 PM.
02-15-2022, 11:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The custom profile is applied on your jpeg, and added to your raw files. You have to enter the settings in your camera, you can modify them.

So if you shoot in jpeg : files will be create with the custom profile you select.
If you shoot in raw : in DCU you can see the result, (in laboratory) and use it or not for export jpeg.

And if you want to apply it in post process, you can use the custom image settings in DCU Laboratory (without any modification in your dslr).
02-16-2022, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Is this just something that is manually entered into the camera?
Yes, it's about modifying default jpeg styles manually in camera. The site shows examples of what can be done. It's quite nice , but personally I prefer to learn about color "science" / aesthetic over using presets, or at least understanding the logic behind each presets. The best resource I found online about color grading in photography is from Joanna Kustra /

02-16-2022, 03:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It is too tiresome to copy and paste every phrase for translation. Is there an easy way to translate entire pages?
02-16-2022, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #9

Photos: Albums
It is too tiresome to copy and paste every phrase for translation. Is there an easy way to translate entire pages?
Use this link and it will translate the entire page and any links that you follow while it’s translating
Translated to English
02-16-2022, 03:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I can not thank you enough!
02-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since I shoot in RAW, I can see the value of having something like this to be able to reproduce the settings in the RAW editor of my choice. I was actually thinking of doing something like this so I could create presets for ACDSee . Here's the process I was thinking of:

1) Take a properly exposed RAW image of a color test card using neutral lighting (outdoors in in sunlight, ideally).
2) Process the RAW file with each of the Custom Image settings in DCU5 to produce TIFF files representing each setting (assuming DCU5 uses the same settings as the in-camera processing).
3) Open each of these files in ACDSee and write down the RGB values of each color square into a reference table.
4) Open the original RAW file in ACDSee and adjust the color sliders until I have reproduced as closely as possible the RGB values for one set of Custom Image entries in the reference table.
5) Store the settings as an ACDSee preset.
6) Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for each set of Custom Image RGB reference values.

Last edited by cdw2000; 02-16-2022 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Fixed some typos and grammar errors
02-16-2022, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

The Google Chrome browser offers to translate the entire page, at least for me. It understands my native language is English, I suppose because I have a Google account it can draw on. Not entirely sure if that's why, but it does and it's a nice convenience feature.
02-16-2022, 03:11 PM   #13
Unregistered User

Chrome can automatically translate any pages into another language...you can read about it here
Change Chrome languages and translate web pages - Computer - Google Chrome Help