Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DIY : Changing the Battery in a Pentax F remote
Posted By: PentaxNewbie, 05-24-2012, 09:55 AM

Pictures found on my other post. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/accessory-memory-articles/187088-pentax-r...f-battery.html

I recently bought a Pentax F Remote from a second hand store. After many attempts to take pictures with
the remote I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I had my Fn set to remote and the light on my K20D
was blinking. I still couldn't get it to work. My last resort was to open the remote to see if I needed to change
the battery. To my surprise there was not a battery in the remote. This is what was i saw when i opened the
remote.

As you can see here i purchased a new battery and inserted it in the wire casing(CR1620 3V).It can be
purchased at Radio Shack for about 5 dollars. You want the negative side of the battery to face the blank
side of the circuit board. Make sure it is snug and and pressed down completely.

The biggest issue I had was figuring out where the "airplane" metal piece went and how it connected to
the circuit board. With this picture below, you can see the remote put back together.

There is one bent side on the airplane (where the tail would be ) that will fit in a small opening to the right
of the blue oval part of the circuit. It does not actually lock in or click into anything. It will just lightly sit on the
opening touching the metal underneath. You can then very carefully , making sure not to move the airplane,
put the casing back together.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by PentaxNewbie; 05-29-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Views: 2,719