Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DIY: K5 remote controller
Posted By: ams8, 08-09-2012, 02:23 AM

Hello!
Incidentally, I discovered that Vivanco UR89 Universal Controller works with my K5 camera. It is cheap, in Poland the price is about 5 Euro (network of shops RTV EURO AGD).

There are two possibilities:

1. UR89 Universal Controller, after programming the VGA key with code 071, triggers the shutter by pressing the key Power ON / OFF or AB or TV / VCR.

2. UR89 Universal Controller, after programming the TV key with code 065, triggers the shutter by pressing the key Power ON / OFF.

I tried pressing various keys on the remote under TV key-mode and I get the effect of autofocus. But it was accidental, I could not repeat this phenomenon - may be because of coincidence of the remote control signal with the lighting of the lamps illuminating the room?

Views: 3,944
08-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It could be interesting if these Controllers cover a greater distance than the cheap Chinese ones.

If you have any possibility to try out, please report.
Presently I don't own a universal (programmable) one.
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been using my Sony Tv Remote on my last 3 Pentax cameras works great just a little on the large size
08-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I made some distance tests. Results:
Outdoor - sun light is a problem - sometimes it works sometimes it does not, completely.
Indoor - it looks very narrow cone beam is emitted by UR89 Universal Controller
hard to stab with a sensor in the camera, it's easier from the back than the front
max distance of about 4 meters
convenient solution when shooting macro, indoor, from a short distance