Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
DIY Odd Pod for Macro and Lightbox
Posted By: DeepThrob, 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM

I needed a mount inside my light box to hold my camera with a reverse lens macro rig. It needed to be short, solid, cheap and have a tilt adjustment. Since focus is by moving the subject or camera, I wanted some slide-ability. For simplicity, I decided to forgo height adjustment, figuring I could always put it on a brick or block of wood to get it higher.

A trip to town and $10 later, I came home with the idea and parts for this odd-pod. I took pictures and added discriptions

Attached Images

Views: 3,607
05-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gonna patent this? I love the ingenuity.
05-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Beautiful! But I need a non-drill version!
05-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This is a nice principle for a compact head. All sorts of variations can be made for the actual construction. I personally would add an extra security feature in case the hair-tie breaks or slips off; that would slam the rear lens element into the weight.
In the near future, when 3D printers are affordable, parts can be made from plastic and it gives you more flexibility in the design (Cubify - Express Yourself in 3D). No drilling needed.

05-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter

A mini table-top tripod might do the job as well, but this is a much more stable setup, and I suspect has finer tilt control than any cheap tripod. Thanks for sharing! Great idea.
12-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #6

Nice! I like it when people use their imagination and share the money saving info with the rest of us, thanks!
04-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #7

This is great!!!!!!!!!! ) It is right the thing i have been looking for for decades. )