Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Co-axil -pod adapter
Posted By: pacerr, 05-29-2014, 09:35 AM

(OK, co-axial . . .)

Lookin' to find something to facilitate various comparisons between bodies or lenses I fabricated this dual body-mount bar in about an hour from the scrap bin. No dimensions are critical other than adequate spacing to clear all bodies that might be used. Body/lens foot attachment methods depend on use.

I'd select materials and methods suitable for at least a balanced 10-12 pound load.

Last edited by pacerr; 06-01-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Views: 1,380
05-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looks awesome. What do you use it for?
05-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have aluminum scrap!? You must work some cool projects.
One suggestion I might make is to have the camera attachment point an elongated hole that will let you move the camera fore and aft if sensor alignment point is critical for your comparisons.
Look for the -0- sensor plane indication mark on the body.
05-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
if sensor alignment point is critical (index on) the -0- sensor plane indication mark
Interesting point. Many modifications are possible depending on the use. I'll likely enlarge the screw head access holes on the bottom for convenience.

At present, I'm just playin' around with co-axial lens convenience and usin' an IR remote to trigger both bodies simultaneously. .

A single strobe with a predetermined, manual exposure may serve for both bodies if desired.

Re: comments regarding 3-D possibilities - exact placement is dependent on the lens tripod foot unless using the camera mount. Obviously it's best to use identical bodies and lenses.

Last edited by pacerr; 05-30-2014 at 06:59 AM.