Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #331
Pentaxian

Some form of tethered shooting is indispensable. The K-7 has all the makings of a semi-professional camera but without a way of tethered shooting, it lacks a vital ingredient. Pros use it not just in the studio but in the field with laptops, for example.

See this conclusion of a German alpha tester for how many applications require tethering.

Last edited by Class A; 07-04-2009 at 11:47 PM.
07-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #332
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has firmware for the K20D to add copyright and author info to pics been mentioned yet?
07-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #333
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Has firmware for the K20D to add copyright and author info to pics been mentioned yet?
I would like that
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #334
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bunny Gear Quote
It will be DA*400/4
You must be confusing Pentax w/one of the other manufacturers...

07-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #335
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by octavmandru Quote
Fix the freakin' Remote Assistant! I'm currently using Windows 7, (it's a real pleasure this OS), and RA is, of course, not working.
Tried on Vista.... The same b.s.
Run the RA software "As Administrator" (blame MS' realllllly stupid UAC crap or run XP or Linux which doesn't have UAC ;-). Mine couldn't find the USB port until I did this. I documented this in the DSLR forum and put as many keywords as I could to make is searchable...
07-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #336
Forum Member

MLU/2 Second Timer in HDR mode (K-7)

I'm sure a firmware upgrade can remedy this issue, but for some reason, pentax does not allow you to use mirror lock up or even the 2/10 second timer while in HDR mode.

So unless you used a remote, you will need to press the shutter button.

Oh, and by the way, the camera immediately takes the three shots after shutter button activation thus there isn't much time for you to take your hand away.
07-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #337
ogl
Banned

Pentax, about K-7:
1. PLEASE, make the possibility to turn AF lamp on/off in any time by some button (to reprogram, for example, ISO button or AF button).
2. Fix the AF point selection. Add quick come back to the central AF point.
3. AF calibration (for each AF point + take zooms into consideration)

07-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #338
Veteran Member

Just the other day, I found out the Nikon has a dedicated GPS unit that fits into the hotshoe and works with their most recent DSLRs and the price ain't bad.
Nikon | GP-1 GPS Unit | 25396 | B&H Photo Video

I would love to have a dedicated Pentax GPS unit, as there's been so many times where I've been out shooting in unfamiliar locations and can't quite remember exactly where I took a shot once I'm ready to edit it.

Even better would be a GPS unit built right into the camera itself. You've already gotten the attention of the rest of the DSLR world with the HDR mode in the K7; why not get even more attention by adding a built-in GPS to future bodies?

Heather
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #339
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
why not get even more attention by adding a built-in GPS to future bodies?
Because of several reasons against having GPS in-camera as opposed to an external solution?
07-23-2009, 03:26 AM   #340

Thanks for the Braille Pentax !! !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by dan aron Quote
Hey Pentax, can you lit the mode dial marks..
Dan They"re already in Braille !!!
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #341
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

Can you please hurry up on the 645D, I'm really looking forward to it.

Could you also make:

10mm f/4 limited fisheye.

120mm f/2.8 limited.
07-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #342
Veteran Member

I want this focusing screen

One of the few things I miss from my 40D is the focusing screen that shows the focus points. I had a much easier time keeping the camera on target consistently with the layout.

For now, while adapting to the standard Pentax screen I am depending on DOF to get close...it's gonna be a long time before I feel positive about a shot being on target.
07-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I want this focusing screen
But you don't want the position of these focus points, do you? I much prefer the Pentax layout.

Have you tried using manual selection of focus points? The focus point indicators light up when you select them and I don't have any trouble of getting subjects into focus with them.
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #344
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
But you don't want the position of these focus points, do you? I much prefer the Pentax layout.

Have you tried using manual selection of focus points? The focus point indicators light up when you select them and I don't have any trouble of getting subjects into focus with them.
DUDE!!!....c'mon...I'm less than a month with my K20D and have absorbed a lot but...there is a LOT to absorb!! hehehehe....I don't care which pattern might be better, another discussion, I just really liked the ability use the focus points to ensure the part of the shot I needed in focus was targeted. It really made it fast for me. Right now I am still re-confirming the focus constantly while composing a shot. I suspect both patterns have they positives and negatives. For sure I like the 11-points better than just the 9-points on the 40D.

To me using the pattern on any of the Pentax screens makes getting precise focusing much harder and would seem to be more error prone especially when dealing with very narrow DOF shots. OOPS!! there I go off into the "other discussion"....sorry for that...btw, I suspect the Canon layout pattern is a diamond simply because that is the most efficient for 9-focus points vs. the 11-points on the K20D.

I can say, when playing with the Pentax layout using other focus points gives me a lot better ability to compose in a more interesting fashion. I really like the immediate left, right, top and bottom but the corner points are just a joy to use!
07-27-2009, 04:45 AM   #345
Pentaxian

To me using the pattern on any of the Pentax screens makes getting precise focusing much harder and would seem to be more error prone especially when dealing with very narrow DOF shots.
Odd, my K100D screen has markings and while they are not the focus points themselves they tell me precisely where the focus points are in relation to them. Easy.

I can say, when playing with the Pentax layout using other focus points gives me a lot better ability to compose in a more interesting fashion. I really like the immediate left, right, top and bottom but the corner points are just a joy to use!
Yep, so true.