Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #1

Optio S55 battery depleted

Hey guys,

I am happy to see there is such great forum for Pentax.

So here is my problem. I have an Optio s55 digital camera ( I realize it is an old one, but still.. ). So when I turn on my camera with recharged batteries it shows me the error "battery depleted". I tried with 2 or 3 more new battery sets but no luck. I googled for this problem and I got some results - only NIMH battery sets; cleaning the connectors; reset the firmware.
I saw that the combination of buttons to reset the firmware is "menu" + "power". So I pushed them simultaneously and now I can`t turn on my camera When I press the power button the "power" and the "flash" LEDs are flashing!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

06-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh no, it sounds like something might have become corrupted in the firmware! Unless a firmware download is offered by Pentax (I don't see one), you might have to send it in to have them fix it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Problem solved

Ok, I went to the local service center. And they checked my camera. They told me everything is OK and that the problem is in the batteries. This model is very sensitive. about batteries. I bought new ones with new charger. And now everything is just fine. .

Regards,
Ognyan Guglev
06-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's interesting, but not surprising, as re-chargeable batteries only have 1.2v as opposed to the 1.5v of regular AA's.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-30-2010, 03:02 AM   #5

Original Poster
just a user

I really have no idea. I am just a user