Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Samsung TL500/EX1

I know this isn't a Pentax but they do have a close relationship. I bought this camera recently and it is awesome. It gives the big boys a run for the money. It compares(is Better than) the Canon G11, Panasonic's famous LX3, and others in that group. It got great reviews but I wasn't sure until I got it in my hands. The build quality is fantastic and it has all the features we look for when wanting a back-up for our DSLR. If you are in the market for a carry camera this one is top notch. It's 24mm at the wide end and 72mm at the long. The lens is a F 1.8 at 24mm. Yes a F1.8!! I have actually got good blurred background from a compact camera. I'm still learning a little everyday but I do know that the OOC pictures are very good. I don't like PP, so that helps me love this camera even more. Being a Samsung it doesn't get the fanfare the others do so I thought I would give props to a fine camera.

08-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrats on your purchase fishman. Samsung EX1 also interests me but there doesn't seem to be too many sample photos online yet. Do you mind posting some shots? I am particularly interested in its performance in ISO400 and ISO800 (probably won't bother going higher than that on a P&S) if it is not too much trouble.

Thanks
08-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Tl500 higher iso pictures

I haven't taken any higher than 200 so far but the samsung forums on dpreview.com has many pictures. Also seriouscompacts.com did some great test for sharpness and higher iso qualities with lots of pictures to look at. I took my ex1 to the zoo this weekend and was very impressed.