Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What led you in buying your current camera?

Hi folks !

I just wondered... I guess most of us know upon which criteria know what we bought our camera (and not another model/brand).

I just would like to know what were these criteria.

Best regards.

08-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello G.T.

I bought my KX after extensive research based on its low light capability, fairly good price and compatibility with a bunch of old lenses. The video mode was a nice bonus too.

Earlier I was a point-and-shooter, with cameras like the Canon s2is, Panasonic fz28 and 35 but when it came to indoor photography or shallow dept of field, I wanted more, hence my step into the DSLR world and I'm loving it .
08-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

For me it was a toss-up between the bulkier-but-more-feature-rich SX120IS and my current Optio A40. The SX120 had better fully-manual controls and a longer zoom, plus took AA batteries. The Optio had similarly manual controls, but was much smaller.

What finally won me over to buy the Pentax is image quality. The A40 kicks the SX120IS all over the map and then some, especially at high ISO.

Over a year later, and the A40 follows me everywhere. I feel naked without it in my pocket.
08-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I suppose this is about compact cameras?
I bought my Panasonic FX500 for the zoom range (24-125mm in 35mm equivalent) at f2.8 on the wide side, good image quality, manual controls possible (aperture or shutter) and portability.
I have been very happy with it.
I wasn't trying to replace a DSLR so, no need for a LX3, G9 or G10 or the like.

PS and all that at a reasonable price point.