Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Zoom 90WR not working HELP!

Hi all, I just registered mainly to ask this question - but I also love pentax in general, I have a 6x7 and some spotmatics. I'll probably stick around. Anywho,

I found an old Pentax 90WR sitting around my basement and figured it would be perfect for a trip I'm going on this weekend with some friends (cheap, takes film, relatively weatherproof). I just paid $16 for the stupid lithium batteries this thing takes. Put them in, closed the battery door, and all the camera will do is blink "HI" over and over again. When I turn the camera on and off, it will display the typical format, with "AUTO" and 38 exposures left, but it goes right black to blinking HI. I'm not sure if it's trying to welcome me or if it's seriously just f*ckd. I've tried putting in film but it just won't eat it. I have the manual and couldn't find anything relating to this issue...anyone who can help out this poor chap before tomorrow morning gets an internet hug. Please?

Here's what it looks like:

08-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a link to a download of a PDF of the user manual:

Pentax IQZoom 90WR User's Guide

I have one of these little guys too, but I haven't tried putting juice to mine yet.