Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Optio M40 HELP

Salve a tutti la mia fotocamera pentax ha deciso di smettere di funzionare nel bel mezzo della mia vacanza..Si accende ed emette uno strano suono, tipo un bip, successivamente mette a fuoco da sola e poi si spenge..Non risponde a nessun comando e non so come farla funzionare di nuovo..qualcuno puo aiutarmi!?

08-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the camera might have some hardware problems. Have you tried pulling the battery, leaving it out for a while, and then putting it back in?

Moved to compact digital camera discussion.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #3
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is the lens totally retracted ?
My Optio P80 did the trick once or twice : the lens did not get totally back, and at power-up it just beeped and shut down.
The trick I found was to remove battery, push the lens back gently, then refit battery and turn it on again. Strangely, the couple of times it did it, was under pretty hot conditions (between 30 and 35°C), although I don't know if it is the cause of this behaviour.
08-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Remove the battery. Leave the camera for a while. Recharge the batteries and try again. That should do the trick. I have two M40 and both works fine. i never experience it. However I had a Optio 50L and it did it once (AA batteries). I let the camera rest for a while without the batteries. I put a new set and then it work.