Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Instead of pushing for a separate forum how about just using this one to get discussions going that you want. It's not like it is over used. Months can go by with only a few posts.

04-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #17
Forum Member

Yes, I understand, but having a direct shot to and x90 discussion I thought that just maybe those who wonder upon the forum would be more apt to offer their experiences with the camera. If they did a google on the x90 it could bring them directly to a place with specifics about this type of camera instead of wading through to find it and missing the boat because they don't realize they're camera is under compact point and shoot. Some forums have become so huge in various topics subjects become very specific to topics. This one shall grow and like you said, for now just use what is available. It's all good. I appreciate this one, as others exist. I learn a bunch from them no matter what the format.
jb

Last edited by ejbpesca; 04-23-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: change wording
05-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I owned my X90 for a very short time before taking it on a trip to London. I didn't want to have to carry a DSLR and lenses around with me, and the X90 performed flawlessly giving me great photographs.
To all the gain-sayers who warned me that I was making a huge mistake - small sensor will give you noisy pictures at high zoom, lousy lens will give you purple fringing on high contrast areas and distortion on the corners of every picture - I say one word. POPPYCOCK.

The X90 gave exceptional results in every department. The only single problem was shooting towards the sun where some light streaking indicates that a lens hood would have been advantageous.

One of the members of the party was lugging a Nikon DSLR with two lenses and a careful comparison of his pics to mine shows little appreciable difference. He's so impressed that he is now wanting to buy an X90 as well. These days no one want to lug a huge heavy case of gear around when you can get virtually equivalent results with a decent small hybrid.

And I completely agree with ejbpesca - we need our own forum section to share the tricks we discover to push the envelope with these great hybrid cameras.
06-22-2017, 09:36 PM   #19

X90 aperture control ?!

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
The X90 doesn't have real aperture blades, and I believe you only have 2 aperture settings to choose from.
Can anyone confirm this? Is there ND filter rather than aperture blades mechanic?

PS i`ve seen similar "fake" aperture in BENQ GH600.. only "wide open" and "max.close" values in OSD (at wide end was 3.1 vs 6.9 if I remember correct)

06-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kotofei Quote
Can anyone confirm this? Is there ND filter rather than aperture blades mechanic?

PS i`ve seen similar "fake" aperture in BENQ GH600.. only "wide open" and "max.close" values in OSD (at wide end was 3.1 vs 6.9 if I remember correct)
Many P&S cameras like my Fuji S2000 were like this. I think it's not an ND filter, but a "waterhouse stop" built into the camera.