Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2010, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax W90 - noise at higher ISOs

The feel of the W90 is great, feels good in the hands and the operation buttons are placed well. There are plenty of settings for all shooting modes. I feel for a point and shoot camera the picture quality is way above average. I think most people who by point shoots expect SLR quality photos, which is not the case.

This is a great camera to take photos in all conditions and does it very well. There is noise at higher ISOs ( you can see it on the video: Videoclips about Pentax Optio W90 Digital Camera ), but that is to be expected with just about any camera. Cool design that is fun to use!!! I love the fast start up and plenty of shooting options. The microscope option really works, you can get to 1cm away and has clear focus. I did take it in the pool with me a few days ago and all dry inside, no leaks.

10-22-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good report. I have the W80 and it performs well except in low light where it is not very good. I use it when I go sea kayaking.
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you gubak. I've had the the W20 and it has served me well for many years. I decided to get the W90 as an upgrade. These type of cameras were never meant to excell in low light situations and those who want to take shots in a dim tavern from 30' away will be disappointed. I too find it does well with what I expect of it.