Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is from a little Halloween morning paddle trip. I slipped my wife's Samsung L100 into the front pocket of my PFD instead of finding a place to put my K10D.

11-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I have 2 other shots I just HAVE to place in here. I been toning up my skills, now I just shoot what I feel, I don't think about it.

11-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ghl Quote
@Abstract

I really love your composition in Falling Society. It is very nice; great lines and emotion from these. Excellent stuff.
Thank you very much!
11-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The winners

This was a particularly tough contest to judge. Very creative imagery with astounding technical quality. Congratulations to everyone. I really had to study the images to place the awards.

3rd place: GHL for " Camera Column". Having shot the Pentax 5i, I am still trying to work out exactly how you captured the image. Great abstract. Very creative. Care to add more how-to info?

2nd place: G.T "Jet". Wonderful detail captured. The fog and vortex are incredible. Exposure is right on. Surprised the security people aren't after you. They might be if they see your images.

1st place: a tie between two images by abstract. Can't stop looking at " Streetlight Manifesto" and "Falling Society". Very powerful images that are extremely graphic. Couldn't pick a winner so they tie for first.

Honorable mentions:
Jacqueline, " Blue Water Splashing". Incredible blue water striking rock with force. Beautiful image. Peaceful and strong at the same time.

geauxpez, "Canoe On Water". Very serene view. Handled the exposure and composition well. Wish I had been there.

Bart, "B&W statue in graveyard". Evokes a feeling of sacrifice and loss. B&W adds greatly to the atmosphere. A special image.

Enjoyed the contest entries. Can't wait to see what the next contest brings. Good job everyone.

abstract you are up to run the next one. Good luck and enjoy.

thanks
barondla

Only regret was not getting to see any medium format film images from unixrevolution. Maybe you could post a few to let us see what you have been photographing.

Last edited by barondla; 11-29-2010 at 07:07 PM.
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Contest open over and judged before I got my intended entries back from the developer. Congrats to the winners, sorry I missed the fun.
11-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Haha thanks a lot, I tied with myself, didn't see that one coming :-).

I am gonna head to bed, expect a new contest topic tomorrow, have to think of it first :-).
11-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #22

Thank you for the HM. I am shocked, I am only a very armature photographer & this one was one of my faves. OMG you have me in tears as I was told the other day basically that my photos suck.
11-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #23
G.T
Veteran Member

I'm not worthy! No matter so far as when I took this one I was having lunch at a restaurant's open-air section near CDG (about 2NM away from TDZ). Anyway, there are spotting areas near CDG (where I've never been so far, for some v. personal reasons), where airplane photography hams meet and shoot all day long (old legend here, I haven't checked it by myself yet).

Most of my airplane pictures were made next to the airport, 'cause I work in the very near neighborhood of CDG. I may post the link to the Flickr album if needed. Some are just due to traffic jams around

11-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacqueline Quote
Thank you for the HM. I am shocked, I am only a very armature photographer & this one was one of my faves. OMG you have me in tears as I was told the other day basically that my photos suck.
Whoever said your photos suck wasn't looking at the ones you entered here.

Ansel Adams once said that he only got 12 good photos a year, and that was if it was a good year. Ansel Adams. 12 Photos a year. One a month! I think that may show just how much we have to shoot to get something we like.

Your photos are beautiful, as were everyone's this time around. Keep it up!
11-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacqueline Quote
They do not suck by any means, I actually really like the 2nd one very much.

I put the next contest up btw, hope I did it all right, I will judge fairly, I look forward to you guys/girls images if you post there :-).

Last edited by Abstract; 11-30-2010 at 10:42 AM.
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Thanks very much for the HM and congrats to all.
11-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Special congratulations to Abstract, G.T and GHL!

And to the other participants as well. It was a fine contest.

And Jacqueline, I don't know who told you this "...as I was told the other day basically that my photos suck..." but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
I enjoyed your website.

that was strange: for over an hour, I wasn't able to post a reply.
12-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #28

Wow I am on top of the world. thank you everyone for those kind words. I was in tears as I read them. I think I now have the confidence to tell the person to 'shove it' and continue on my path.