Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Camera for my mom

So, I'm looking to get my mom a new camera, hers is quite frankly, a POS. Suffers motion blur even in sunlight, horrendous shutter lag, noise, etc. I haven't looked at point and shoots for years so I have no idea.

Requirements:

I would like it to be less than $200. Refurb is ok.

Needs to be literally point and shoot. Like, she turns the camera on, points it, and presses the shutter. I know she's not going to like having to adjust any settings.

Most common use will be in moderately lit rooms, which is where the huge failing of her other camera comes in.

Would like it to run on AAs.

Pixel count doesn't matter. Doesn't need weatherproofing or anything like that.

Zoom lens not important. Her current camera has one of those pinhole lens setups.

I'm looking at the Pentax Optio E80. Doesn't have to be a pentax camera, but this one is under $100. Don't know much about it, so asking here.

Thanks.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, digital camera, lens, mom, pentax, pentax cameras, point and shoot, shutter