Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Optio WG-1 Looks Good, But

will the 14mp sensor be back lit and give lower noise photos than the 12 mp WP90 sensor .... that is the question !

wll

03-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Forum Member

I tested a pre-release WG-1 yesterday, and while it wasn't a technical side by side comparison, the files looked quite a bit better than the W90, which I wasn't terribly impressed by.

You can watch the video here if you are interested:
04-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
just got mine today
Attached Images

04-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #4

today I am already unsatisified with it

the IQ is bad lens flare an issue

battery door seems loose - could it prevent water from flowing inside ? woudn't try it... no...

dont know what to do

maybe I will return it

Last edited by dreamfoto; 04-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.
04-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #5

this small crap camera goes back to Pentax

how could it take pictures under water in case

if it coudn't do that above water -wow what a crap!
05-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dreamfoto Quote
today I am already unsatisified with it

the IQ is bad lens flare an issue
I'd be interested in some photos showing the bad IQ and lens flare issues.

I found that if I keep the ISO <= 200, the IQ will be OK. This thing is designed as a point and shoot for the outdoor enthusiast. Logically all the default settings are suitable for an inexperienced user. I turned off some of the auto settings, customized the green button and don't expect it to produce the exact same results that a DSLR can produce. This is a camera to have "outside" your floatbag on a kayak trip, to "use" during a downpour while hiking on or to take snorkeling.

QuoteOriginally posted by dreamfoto Quote
battery door seems loose - could it prevent water from flowing inside ? woudn't try it... no...
Yes, it can. The reason why it "seems" loose is because the outer parts of the doors actually are a bit loose. Both doors (the one over USB and HDMI ports as well) are made of multiple parts, that are connected loosely on purpose. There is the part on the hinge with the gasket, that actually seals the compartment. Then there is a sliding part that keeps the door closed and finally a little lock on that slide, that prevents accidental sliding (open). These are plastic parts, not precision machined stainless steel. Naturally there are small gaps that allow you to wiggle that outer door part around a bit. The way it is assembled avoids that this wiggling on the outer part moves the actual door and causes wear on the rubber gasket.

JC