Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #1

My optio w30...is it worth selling?

Hey all. I have shot with an optio W30 for......can't even remember how long now, maybe the last 4 years? Anyways, I have made the jump to DSLR so I have magazine quality photos. I want to encourage myself to fully commit to shooting with the DSLR so I get to know it and have all my photos in RAW. The only advantage I see of keeping my optio W30 is underwater photos since I can't afford an underwater housing for my K-7, but I have never been that pleased with the underwater shots I have gotten with the w30. So, to help alleviate the guilt of spending so much money on a K-7, 3 lenses, super expensive tripod, and all the accessories, every little bit helps. Is my used w30 worth anything? what would it go for used on the forum's marketplace? Is the brand new P&S that just came out a huge leap ahead of the w30 if I wanted a P&S in the future?

Thanks! -LE

02-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Have you looked on Ebay to see what they are selling for? You need to check the completed listings.
02-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The W30 was released in 2007. In p&s terms that is very old. (Heck, I have stuff in my fridge that's older than that )
A quick search on eBay showed they are selling for around $50-$60 in pretty much new condition, and many don't sell. Depending on the condition of yours I would think a little less than that. But of course it will depend if somebody really wants it at the right moment. Modern p&s are constantly moving forward so today's offerings should be ahead, but also the price. For example, the new WG-1 looks very interesting but I have no idea on pricing.
You can put it in the marketplace at around those prices and be open to offers but don't expect too much.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
02-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still use my W20 because it's pocketable, takes a licken and keeps on ticken, and has great battery longevity. Doesn't take bad pictures either. I think it's worth more in your pocket than the pittance you'd get by selling.

02-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hey thanks guys, much appreciated.
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #6

thanks