Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Forum Member

X90 a point and shoot?

I look around and wonder if cameras like the x90 should have their own forum section due to not being a DSLR but with very little difference except the lens won't exchange. I have a Canon DSLR and my Pentax X90 does just about every adjustment it does. I call them hybrids when they are fixed lens but with features like a DSLR.

04-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a valid point. They sort of have their own class 'superzooms' but they are a lot more than your typical P&S camera. Clearly camera's like the Canon G12 or Nikon P7000 (I think that's the model) are in this similar category.
04-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Valid point..hallelujah. Maybe the kind managers of this forum will take notice and give a slot for those special cameras, not a point and shoot, not a DSLR but somewhere in between but, if it is like my experience with a Canon forum for my S1si there's not many of us out there with these in between cameras. I've tried to get a thread/sub forum going on the specific S series cameras with the Canon forum to no avail. Gobs of traffic on other subjects but just dead on that little marvel of technology. Its lonely in the so called super zoom world.