Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought mine specifically for a trip to Maui last month and must say that I was very very happy with the results. Sure, my K-x took much better pics but that is a completely different camera indeed. The WG performed flawlessly with pic, underwater pics and underwater video and considering how choppy the water was and how hard it is to focus on moving fish in chop as I did, I would give this cam an A+.

02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
This camera has everything I need as a P&S for jungle/forest work. That said, I'd never buy another. It has the nasty tendency to show focused before the snap, but when downloaded is out of focus. I bought it as a rugged field companion for my K-5 with DFA 100mm WR macro, so I could take the wider shots. Although it has lots of ruggedness and neat macro features, it has not matched a past old Nikon P&S for IQ, sharpness, etc. I've shot over a 1000 pics, discarding at least 30% due to the autofocus issue. Maybe it is just my camera.
02-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Mine does both - show focused before the snap & then looks out of focus when I download it or soft focused. But it also looks out of focus before the snap sometimes & is magically focused afterwards.

I can't figure the thing out.
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #19

I have one of these, got it for xmas, and have been nothing but disappointed with it. I swear im not a first post troll or a pentax hater, but i joined to see if anyone else has issues with their wg-1. unless I am in open sunlight, all the pics turn out for shite. i havent been able to take a decent night shot, no matter the setting, since i got the damn thing. what am i missing on this?

04-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The WG-2 (its successor) just came out and the IQ is a bit better, but overall pretty terrible for outdoor landscapes.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/pentax-optio-wg-2-gps/review.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #21

well outdoor portriats are pretty good but anything indoors and the shutter stays open forever and the shots are all blurry. i read a few things online but i mean im not carrying a tripod for a point and shoot camera.