Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Optio Z10

Sure is a fun camera. Love the 7X zoom. The digital wide setting was a surprise. It is a panoramic mode. This camera is for people who like a large range of focal lengths but don't have room to carry a dslr or even one of those big snout cameras. It really fits in a shirt pocket! Now I can't decide between the W30, Z10, or delayed A40. Arghhh. One P&S may not be enough!
thanks
barondla

03-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Forum Member

Chould you download new frame composite on the Z10 point & shoot camera?.
03-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Z10

I have the Z10 as well as the K20D, and I take the Z10 when I don't want to lug around the big guy. The 7x zoom does quite nicely for most intents and purposes. The only things I would complain about is the lack of a true macro mode and true optical image stabilization. Other than that, it's a fine P&S and VERY easy to carry around! The frame feature is a cute gimmick and has little uses other than make a quick print to a PicBridge compatible printer (connecting the camera directly to the USB port of a compatible printer). The frame images that you can download from the Pentax website are stored on your SD card in a folder called FRAMES and the camera can access the frames there. Remember, when you use frames in the camera, your picture size drops to 3MP instead of 8MP... so an 8x10 is probably the maximum size you could optimally print using this feature.

Alex

Last edited by AlexM; 03-26-2008 at 06:19 PM.
03-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
What don't you like about the Z10 macro mode? It seems to work OK. Doesn't have 2nd super macro setting like some Pentax Optios. Still does pretty amazing job.
thanks
barondla

03-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
What don't you like about the Z10 macro mode? It seems to work OK. Doesn't have 2nd super macro setting like some Pentax Optios. Still does pretty amazing job.
thanks
barondla
Perhaps I should have qualified my statement about the Z10's lack of a true macro mode. In the past, I've been used to P&S cameras being able to focus on objects from as little as a 1/2 inch from the object (super macro mode). With the Z10, I have to get back a few inches and zoom in to get close. My personal preference would be the super macro mode. That's all I meant by it.

Alex