Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just bought the wife a .....

Pentax X90!! After seeing some of my pics I get with the K10D she decided she wanted an upgrade from her old Sony P&S. I think the X90 will be the perfect camera to ease her into photography without going full DSLR. Hopefully it's not too complicated for her to learn. I will attempt to do a review after playing around with it for a few weeks.

05-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You did good getting your wife that fine cam. Lots of potential for creativity with it. I'm sure she'll want to get more and more into photography with time spent shooting with it.
05-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure your wife will be happy with her X90. I have used Pentax SLR--DSLR systems for 35+ years. Bought an X90 last year just to have an inexpensive kick around camera with plenty of power to spare.
See attached link. You mentioned that your wife is in the learning stage. The classes offered at LVS are very good for the beginner as well as many of us who have been playing with photography for many years. I'd recommend The Photo Basics series. I took them a few years ago and really helped me understand my K100d and K-x much better. Not limited to DSLRs though. Any camera that you can control. X90 is a good one for this.

LVS Online Classes - Classroom List for Web Design, Internet, and Computer Courses
06-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
X90 is a great camera

I am sure your wife will get some great results from her X90. I have not had mine for long (about 2 months) and have been knocked out by the results. The picture below was taken in London when I had only had the camera for 4 days. The best part is that it is so easy to carry.

Anton Magus

Last edited by Anton Magus; 07-11-2016 at 08:59 AM.