Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just couldn't resist the Optio H90

Just for Pentax Day, i ran across this model while searching for reviews on another manufacturer's model (boo, hiss...yeah i know...lol) since all i do now is P&S what a great way for me to stay in the Pentax forum. I ordered from Prodigital and it was actually cheaper today??? The silver/white model although considered a "basic" model it actually got some favourable reviews online, i didn't see any here so hopefully i can do time permitting a reasonable review on it.
I never thought i would ever purchase a Pentax branded P&S as the other manufacturers have that market more or less to themselves where Pentax "seems" to be unrecognized and unreported/uneviewed to a lesser extent.

So now i wait for the FedEx delivery and hopefully i'm home to start shooting with it, i'm pretty much a mall/home guy not by choice

Anyone here have one willing to share some thoughts, pointers on what to or not expect?

Last edited by Clicker; 06-15-2011 at 07:41 AM.
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's in my hand...

...time to give it a workout, it's pretty light i can toss it in one of my man purses

06-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
macro is...meh

just cropped, resized and framed otherwise image is right off the card, exif should be intact.

A few others cropped, resized and framed.

The last 2 were cropped a lot, the last one they weren't giving way to pedestrains so i had this from when i spotted them far away when they reached me i had to step off the sidewalk.

This is why you should read the manual, i think i was in "auto" for this, i just need a little 'quicker" shutter speed or give me 2 green buttons

Last edited by Clicker; 06-18-2011 at 03:23 PM.
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
A P&S for capturing the action it's not...

...well only if you're restricted by a boundry outside of the longest optical focal length...still playing with it using a couple of settings/presets...i might impress myself just yet, please bear with the crap

06-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Macro has a lot of potential...

still playing with the presets slowly finding the range of this sensor (same as the Q but not as tweaked...just guessing)
06-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The tablet i picked up yesterday will be a great mobile tool along with the H90 and the eyefi card i'm picking up tomorrow.

06-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Super macro with "Flower" preset samples

These are untouched except for resizing and framing plus titles. Distance was <6 inches, i didn't think weeds were this "pretty"

This was the weed patch these samples came from:

Last edited by Clicker; 06-28-2011 at 01:33 PM.