Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Espio 738

I have a perfectly good and functional Espio 738 which I really liked a lot but the battery died a few years back (which makes nonsense of functional right now) and I have NO idea where to get another. Anyone got any ideas?

06-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I have a perfectly good and functional Espio 738 which I really liked a lot but the battery died a few years back (which makes nonsense of functional right now) and I have NO idea where to get another. Anyone got any ideas?
Looks like a somewhat standard CR123A battery. If you can't find one locally, you should be able to order one fairly easily.
06-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll start hunting about. I'd probably use it if I could, I have a few unused rolls of film and should do something with them before they deteriorate.
06-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks, I'll start hunting about. I'd probably use it if I could, I have a few unused rolls of film and should do something with them before they deteriorate.
A local computer store I go to fairly often has a 2-pack for $5, so hopefully you can find some that wont break the bank on your side of the world

06-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sadly that is not the battery. a bit more hunting shows that its a squarish one, whereas the battery for the 738 is rounded, and short (by comparison, say, with a AA). I'll keep looking.
06-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Sadly that is not the battery. a bit more hunting shows that its a squarish one, whereas the battery for the 738 is rounded, and short (by comparison, say, with a AA). I'll keep looking.
The CR123A is round, like a short AA battery.

06-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
The CR123A is round, like a short AA battery.
Thats interesting. I'll look out for that one then. When i googled, got some hong kong sellers who had a battery ID'd as CR123A and it looked like a 9volt but with a single top bit (i have no idea what its called).

The duracell one should be at my local supermarket, they have a huge range of batteries. If not there, Dick Smith will provide.