Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Q mirrorless: Specifications and lens details posted!

If you haven't already seen it, check out our in-depth Q launch announcement: Pentax Q Interchangeable Lens System - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

We've also updated our lens and camera databases with entries for the Q and its lenses:
--Camera body--
Pentax Q Camera Reviews - Pentax Camera Reviews - DSLR and Film SLR Database
--High Performance Lenses--
Pentax-Q 01 Standard Prime Reviews - Q-Mount Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
Pentax-Q 02 Standard Zoom Reviews - Q-Mount Zooms - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
--"Unique" Lenses--
Pentax-Q 03 Fish-Eye Reviews - Q-Mount Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
Pentax-Q 04 Toy Lens Wide Reviews - Q-Mount Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
Pentax-Q 05 Toy Lens Telephoto Reviews - Q-Mount Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Rock On Pentax! Can't wait to see some images produced with it, then we all can weigh in on the $price$ compared to the IQ and features that it brings to the table. Seems as though a bunch of people are already complaining that the price is to high without even knowing the full specs or the end results of what it is capable of; I for one am all in on this thing....

06-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
rlatjsrud

It's too expensive.
Other mirror less camera are cheaper and have bigger size censor.
That censor is too small...
I hate that...
Pentax have to fix it or don't let them sell it.
06-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Forum Member

I think this is spectacularly out of the box. it's too early to judge withour prior knowing the IQ. small sensor doesn't mean bad IQ. we are in the digital age now. we talk about digital sensor, not silver halide film. now, size doesn't significantly matter anymore.

06-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Forum Member

"Announced on July 23, 2011, the Pentax Q .." ? Adam, you're clairvoyant ?
06-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
It's too expensive.
Or is it under priced? How can you make that assumption without seeing it in action or seeing anything produced from it yet? Also, magnesium alloy is not the cheapest material to use in manufacturing...

06-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #7

Like a dream come true

I nearly bought a micro 4/3 recently to keep company to my K-r. But then decided to go with a beautiful premium compact, as it did not want two cameras with a bulk of lenses (I have 5 for my K-r), and I would probably use the DSLR less and less. Then I thought - and if departed from my DSLR and had all cameras smaller? Gave up the idea, as I love my K-r. Last week, bought the compact and my boyfriend said - "who knows, Pentax might release something within the mirrorless market". Here we go. After weeks of anxiety about deciding on a new camera, the rollercoaster starts again... I am definetely very curious about these cameras performance and - don't they look stunning?

06-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is on my buy list which is a loooooooong list
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #9

I agree. They say "small sensor with a surprising performance". So we can only wait and see test shots and reviews before judging it. And it is not expensive at all.
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
It's too expensive.
Other mirror less camera are cheaper and have bigger size censor.
That censor is too small...
I hate that...
Pentax have to fix it or don't let them sell it.
So go get what you like. I like Butter Pecan ice cream, do you ?
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I'm just baffled. I like the design of it, it's nicely industrial and a touch retro at the same time, but it's a toy camera sold at a really high price. You could get a smaller compact camera with a larger sensor for far less money.
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #12

Photos: Albums
Interesting to "replace" auto 110. But a good waste of recources, where is the FF body???
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #13

Photos: Gallery
$800 for a camera with a CMOS sensor and a prime lens, and another $300 for a 28-80 lens? Sorry but I could get a LOT more for $1100. This seems like a nice niche item and something I might like to have, but I could make that money go a LOT further with a new lens and body in the DSLR realm. Nevermind that getting into this system might mean two or three years before you see more lenses and options for it.

p.s. Did anyone saying this is worth the money notice that it's only 12.4 megapixels? (Don't get me wrong, I still shoot with my K-x, but for the MONEY and what's out there today, is it worth it?)
06-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #14

Photos: Albums
Looking forward to see how it performs.

I`m not all to warm&fuzzy about the lack of an internal wievfinder, after having dabbed around a little with a PEN.
06-23-2011, 09:44 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I'd be interested to know if the image circle on these matches the Q sensor size - and I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear that it's larger...