Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It might have been your cam

I have had the WG-1 for about a month now and have loved both the video and pics that I have gotten. After seeing your videos, which I agree did look bad in regard to the light flare, I did a quick test of mine, using a table lamp to see if I could get the same results as yours but I could not. Granted, the video in low light, which is how it is in the room I am in right now, is grainer but that is becasue the ISO is cranked to 800 and is not adjustable. I also tried it with SR off and it actually looked less grainy, which leads me to beleive that it is acheiving SR by uping the ISO and slowing the shutter, all of which are not adjustable. No matter, the grain was not that bad and I have been using Neat Video for some time now with great results to remove video grain if I want to during PP.

For what it is, I think this cam is great. I don't expect the same results out of it that I get from my K-x but they are completley different animals so I would never expect that. I have not tried it underwater yet but will be in Hawaii next month, which is why I picked up this camera, so I will see how it does in that environment. From what I have seen of the output I have gotten so far though, I don't think I will be disappointed.

07-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
Bos
Inactive Account

Japp jag håller med. Jag har filmat lite med kameran på fördäck och riktad mot mig, detta innebär att det även kommer med en del himmel. Då det är höga kontraster blir det riktigt uselt måste jag säga. Lilatonen har även jag märkt. Om dettta är så som kameran är så tycker jag man allvarligt borde överväga att säga att det går att filma i HD, även om man inte säger full HD. Det håller inte!