Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to G.T, exwintech, Anton Magus, kyteflyer and especially andreaffm of course!
A great image indeed.

Also looking forward to your contest, andreaffm

08-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #62
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If someone was ever asking me, I'd say the 747 shot wasn't that good. Although waiting, I've been shootin' in a hurry, as I managed to take 4 or 5 photos during its fly-by (and I have not used the hi-speed mode).
I would have loved having a Lufthansa plane : I'd have had both aircraft and the crane
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #63
G.T
Veteran Member

Hrm... I'm really in doubt about the tenses I've used above :-/
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Note to Jeff H..... is that a warthog that you captured?

Indeed it is.Nothing like a plane designed around a cannon! (I'm a former AF reserve guy) I like the winners you picked BTW, despite mine not being among them . Great contest, I'm glad I found it in time to be considered. There were some fantastic shots submitted.

08-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #65

One more thing... congrats to andreaffm for the winning image. I really love that image too. The overall composition with the contrasting light/dark in opposite corners, the gulls in flight, the glint of sunlight off the rail... nice, very nice. And the runners up are all great as well.
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Congrats all! Great contest.
08-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm... i noticed that the winner, andreaffm, is new and hasn't signed onto the forum since the date of his/her image posting. In the event that there is no response by the 7th, a replacement may have to be chosen. I could simply select the next in line winner or perhaps there is one of you that has an burning idea for a competition and wants to run it. I don't think this has happened before, so i'm open to suggestions (just in case).

08-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Hmmm... i noticed that the winner, andreaffm, is new and hasn't signed onto the forum since the date of his/her image posting. In the event that there is no response by the 7th, a replacement may have to be chosen. I could simply select the next in line winner or perhaps there is one of you that has an burning idea for a competition and wants to run it. I don't think this has happened before, so i'm open to suggestions (just in case).
Yes, I noticed this too and there doesn't seems to be an e-mail in the profile.
My suggestion would also be to give the honours to kyteflyer with her 2nd place
In case of an emergency, of course.
08-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bart, that was my first choice also. It was an extremely close call between those two photos for the win.
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #70

Sorry, I'm on holidays and the internet connection is painfully slow - I'll be back on the weekend and will of course post a new competition then!

Thanks to all for choosing my picture, it really was a pleasant surprise!
andrea
08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by andreaffm Quote
Sorry, I'm on holidays and the internet connection is painfully slow - I'll be back on the weekend and will of course post a new competition then!

Thanks to all for choosing my picture, it really was a pleasant surprise!
andrea
Congratulations on a deserved win!

Avoided in this case, but I think, in the future, if the winner doesn't respond in a week, the second place contestant should be chosen to pick up the torch.
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #72
Pentaxian

Ah! Quite a relief

Be sure to enjoy the rest of your holiday!
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great to hear from you and congrats. Look forward to your upcoming contest.
08-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Congratulations everyone. This was a tough one for me to come up with photos for. I don't typically shoot birds or planes and superheroes are hard to find so I had to stretch the meaning of fly to find anything.

Andreaffm, the roosting seagulls were spectacular. The black and white really worked.

Looking forward to the next contest.

--all the best,

Ryan