Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Is this being too implusive?

I have a travel tripod already but coming across this and it folds down small i wonder if it will get any use at all?

What are your thoughts...after LOL a few times?

Manfrotto Compact 5 Section Aluminum Photo/Video Kit with QR - Compact Series

Last edited by Clicker; 07-05-2011 at 10:42 AM.
07-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you feel that it will work for you and is will be used, it looks good. That company makes some nice quality tripods. I read in a photograghy book that you can never have too many tripods....lol.
07-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Looks very similair to the travel tripod I have but that Manfrotto only has a load capacity of 1.5kg. Half that and deduct the weight of the head and I don't think you're looking at a tripod that can adequately support a DSLR.
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Half that and deduct the weight of the head and I don't think you're looking at a tripod that can adequately support a DSLR.
+1...and 5 section legs can make it quite unstable, so use it in non-windy conditions and non-risk situations (i wouldn't ever use it near a cliff or a stream)...it sounds a bit feeble, hope it isn't and that you will use it (maybe it'll finish as an very portable offcamera lighting tripod).

If you haven't bought it yet my opinion is that you should definitely not buy it withouth extensive handling and inspection in a phisical camera shop.

07-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Looks very similair to the travel tripod I have but that Manfrotto only has a load capacity of 1.5kg. Half that and deduct the weight of the head and I don't think you're looking at a tripod that can adequately support a DSLR.
No Twitch for my P&Ss the biggest i have right now is a Canon SX30is the smallest being the Pentax Optio H90...i've never mounted a P&S and don't know if it would make much of a difference other than for making level Panos? There is NO WAY this will hold a DSLR maybe a Pentax with pancake but nothing more.

btw twitch i've been using your shot of Petronas Towers for a loooooong time now found via google images it's a pleasure now knowing the shooter.
07-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
No Twitch for my P&Ss the biggest i have right now is a Canon SX30is the smallest being the Pentax Optio H90...i've never mounted a P&S and don't know if it would make much of a difference other than for making level Panos? There is NO WAY this will hold a DSLR maybe a Pentax with pancake but nothing more.

btw twitch i've been using your shot of Petronas Towers for a loooooong time now found via google images it's a pleasure now knowing the shooter.
Oops, I hadn't noticed this thread was in compacts, ha, well you have more chance of it working then but I still would avoid extending all 5 sections of the legs.

Glad you liked my Petronas Tower pic, that was taken with my K-x on a table top tripod All my photos on flickr are creative commons so glad to hear you are using it, but I'm curious in what way you are using it? Don't have to say but just interested in how my photos get used. Last week one of the TV networks used one of my photos as a backdrop on the weather segment, I guess I got more eyes on my image in that time than I have on all my images in a year on flickr LOL.
07-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh sorry i forgot to say as my "screensaver" the love of my life lives there.