Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
Site Supporter

A K-mount RICOH GRX soon ???

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6138/5933330476_a2a037bd86_o.jpg

I found an interesting picture on a recent geek-journal news !

This picture figures on the page relative to the already annonced M-mount (Leica compatible) GRX to be launched soon...
http://www.journaldugeek.com/2011/07/12/des-photos-du-module-m-mount-pour-le-ricoh-gxr/#

Expectations : adapter or not, APS-C or full frame ?

In any case, and if not a fake, a potential good news for us !

Last edited by Zygonyx; 07-13-2011 at 03:15 AM.
07-13-2011, 05:52 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
the pictures seem to be from this blog ???????? GR BLOG | Ricoh Japan
I think the guy is a beta tester or something
07-13-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the m mount is aps-c (and can easily be adapted to k mount for Manual focus usage (as the 55 1.2 Rikenon lens would show)
It'll be interesting to see how it's implemented. there's a new shutter developed for it. one of the big selling points of the rest of the system has been the idea that the lens/sensor are optimized and dust free. to achieve dust free with the shutter mechanism and maintain the shooting speed benefit the shutter unit would need to be sealed. it will be interesting to see how they get the picture info to the lcd (rear or VF) while maintaining this.
No market price yet but popflash photo is already taking $200 deposits on pre-orders for a kit with the body and the module. the guys at rangefinder forum seem pretty hot for it
Hell I'm pretty hot for it, I could adapt my LTM lenses and my m43 and k mount (and if there was adapters my Oly, Mamiya and Bronica)
If they would just import the damn thing to Canada (i'm actually guessing post takeover they will distribute Ricoh cameras through Pentax Canada since there is currently no distribution)

What I think is an interesting possibility is the potential for the long rumoured never confirmed APS-C MILC for Pentax could be this camera rebranded with a Kaf3 module, bundled with say a DA40
some people in service at Pentax Canada had told me not long back that there was something really interesting coming in the fall. Given how long the Acquisition has been pending and the fact that service people need info well before release on a product so they are ready for any issues they may well know something We don't
Or they may just be speculating like the rest of us