Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Official Q image samples

Not bad at all:
?????????????????????PENTAX Q?PENTAX

The IQ is certainly better than my current P&S. And I now have a high end RAW capable one with one of those 1/1,8 image sensors.

08-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Me gusto !
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Not bad at all:
?????????????????????PENTAX Q?PENTAX

The IQ is certainly better than my current P&S. And I now have a high end RAW capable one with one of those 1/1,8 image sensors.
Not bad? Shot number 4 is outstanding...

Edit: The kitty shot is pretty impressive also, an immense amount of detail.

--
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It is not in the K-5 IQ league, quite far from it. But still very good for most uses and better than expected by most. I'm looking forward for some ISO 1600 samples.

08-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
It is not in the K-5 IQ league, quite far from it. But still very good for most uses and better than expected by most. I'm looking forward for some ISO 1600 samples.
actually, #5 can be the envy of some K5 shooters.

in my experience, bees are a challenging subject and it takes skills to capture them properly. what the sample shows is that the Q doesn't limit a technically competent photographer excessively - its up to the job in the hands of someone who knows how to use it properly (and will probably do no worse in the hands of someone who doesn't )

sure, its not a DSLR replacement. but its a viable back-up camera and a very promising entry-level one.
08-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Il Pentax lower the price around 450€ with the 01 prime lens, it will be mine.
The quality is suprising good !
(Iso 100 looks cleaner than A77's one , only kidding, but Sony should learn form Pentax how to make good jpgs !)
08-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
Forum Member

DOF

What's intriguing is the shallow DOF clearly present in all shots. 8.5mm lens @ f2.8 has a hyperfocal distance of 3 feet. Is this software blur? It's impressive.

09-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Keep in mind that the Q does have a built-in DOF filter, because the aperture can only be controlled on 2 out of its 5 lenses.

Also, too bad to see that it didn't start shipping in August in the US.

QuoteOriginally posted by Couscousdelight Quote
Il Pentax lower the price around 450€ with the 01 prime lens, it will be mine.
That price might be feasible after a month or two

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: