Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Buying a Q

Should be here this week or next. Think I will get a lot of use out of it and enjoy it greatly. Always hoped someone would build a small camera with DSLR controls. That it also has a menu I am used to and will use flash, wireless remote and other accessories is a plus. Excited to get it in my hands.
thanks
barondla

09-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I also wished to have small camera that was like SLR.

About buying, I do not think Q is going to be a flop. Yesterday I tried Q in yodobashi and i was there around 10 minutes. During that period , there were two Qs sold. In both cases it was young couple who bought it. Women seem to like it because it is small.
09-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Think it will do well too. I have many digital cameras. This doesn't have to replace them all. Have a friend that is always telling me how great a FF DSLR is for landscapes. Last 3 times we went shooting he brought an APS-C DSLR because it was easier to hike with. His FF "landscape" kit is a hoot. 24-70 and 70-210 F 2.8 lenses. Like you need F2.8 lenses very often when shooting landscapes! His stuff weighs a freaking ton.

Biggest I carry is the K-7 and a few lenses - none F2.8 ( unless I take the Limiteds). The Specification Police are threatening to drain the hobby of any fun and enjoyment.

Use my Panasonic LX2 a fair amount. In good light it can turn out awesome photos. As good as the DSLR? Probably not - but if I am carrying the Pana, I wouldn't have taken the DSLR! Would have missed the shot.

Thanks
barondla

Hope you get your Q soon. Make sure to join our photo contest here in compact cameras forum.

" Every sensor crops the world" barondla
09-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

i mostly print around 30 cm wide and some times big poster (1-2 meters). When I saw prints made by Q at sizes of 60cm or so, i had no doubt remaining after that.