Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
monocle

M30 LCD Screen

Hi! Last Easter I bought my wife her first digi camera, a M30, She has been very disappointed with the screen, and I agree with her. It is useless in even moderately bright sunlight (something that is rare in the UK anyway). However I adjust its brightness for her it is pretty much the same, and compared with my daughter's Canon compact the colours are vapid.

Yesterday I borrowed it as my camera batteries were flat and happened to show it to a camera shop employee in a town I was visiting. ( I am thinking of upgrading my own camera). He too said the screen was weak. Subsequently I tied to use camera, but all the colours on the screen were wrong. I was in a children's playground. Real yellows. red, and orange became on the screen, white, orange and yellow respectively. Moreover, at one attempt to focus a red blotch appeared in the top left covering about a fifth of the screen. There was no red in the picture I was composing: most was overcast sky!

Has wife got a duff camera. At the moment Pentax is a candidate for my 'never buy again' list.

Any advice and comments would be much appreciated.

12-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like something is wrong. If you could find one in a store to check it would be helpful. The red blotch worries me. Could it have been lens flair? If not I would send it to Pentax if its in warranty. Maybe you could take a pic of the screen and post it here. Set M30 on table with screen on and aim it at something colorful. Use another camera to shoot a picture of the screen and the object at the same time. In other words half the pic would be the camera screen the other half would be the subject its aimed at. Kind of half screen on the shooting camera. Hope this helps.
thanks
barondla