Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
Inactive Account

A30 not holding date & time??

Hi,
I just bought my first Pentax (A30), and every time I change the battery I have to reset the time and date?!? Please tell me I am missing somehting here...because I have never had this issue with any other device.
If this is just the way it is, can you suggest another P&S with a remote control, because that will drive me crazy each time as i shoot a lot and am freqently changing batteries? Much Thanks

12-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like the internal battery of the camera is defective.
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
After I had my K110D repaired (my fault) everything worked except.... It loses the date every time I change batteries. As jgredline wrote, there is a power source internal to the camera that keeps the clock alive during battery change that is not functioning. In your case you could get the camera exchanged. In my case it is not worth sending it back for repair. That camera is occasional use at home and setting the date occasionally is not a problem.
01-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #4

I have the same problem. I bought my A30 in July 2007. It just recently started doing this (I think). I makes me nuts having to change the time whenever I change the batteries.