Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
Na, you should fight against the universe, or whatever rules it. It's lots of fun, and a worthy contender
+1
That is the purpose of the whole thing

03-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #92
Veteran Member

congrats all!
03-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Look at the contest today and you will see lots of Pentax compacts represented. Good show.
thanks
barondla
I'm still looking for a cheap and easy Pentax compact. Not a great deal of representation in the shops over here in Oz. Mostly online and I want to see them in the flesh, as it were.
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Totally understand Kyteflyer. I borrowed many different Pentax compacts thru the years looking for the one. In the beginning my fave was the Optio 750. It had full manual controls, swivel lcd, muliple exposure, great zoom etc. Feature I wished for was raw capture. Was convinced it would come out on the next model. Only problem was the next version of the camera never appeared. Pentax abandoned the ultra performance compact market. I have entered the contest with many non Pentax cameras and still love the Pana LX2. With the Q and Optio A10 think I finally have it sorted. Still not getting rid of all my other P&S cameras.

Good luck with your search.
thanks
barondla

03-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #95
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Should...fight....?

QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
Na, you should fight against the universe, or whatever rules it. It's lots of fun, and a worthy contender
Once there was an officer of the Royal Navy named Captain Bravado who showed no fear when facing his enemies. One day, while sailing the Seven Seas, his lookout spotted a pirate ship approaching, and the crew became frantic. Captain Bravado bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!"

The first mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, and while wearing the brightly colored frock, the Captain led his crew into battle and defeated the mighty pirates. That evening, all the men sat around on deck recounting the triumph of earlier. One of them asked the Captain, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle?"

The Captain replied, "If I were to be wounded in the attack, the shirt would not show my blood. Thus, you men would continue to fight, unafraid." All of the men sat and marveled at the courage of such a manly man's man. As dawn came the next morning, the lookout spotted not one, not two, but TEN pirate ships approaching. The crew stared in worshipful silence at the Captain and waited for his usual orders.

Captain Bravado gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his ship, and without fear, turned and calmly shouted, "Get me my brown pants."
03-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #96
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent!
03-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #97
Forum Member

Original Poster
I went to the Balloon and Skyfest last weekend and saw "Something In The Water"!
Point.. shoot and post (in my gallery) to here. This is a test.

03-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #98
Pentaxian

there is definitely something in the water

Very cute.
03-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #99
Forum Member

Original Poster
Bubble Trouble

Yeah..... the rubber ducky game was cute and very popular game too. There's something about cute rubber duckies in the water that draws cute little kids that draws a crowd.
Thanks for commenting... I thought this place was dead.
There was something else in the Water "The Prisoner" old Secret Agent Balls from the 60s making a come back. #6 awaiting questioning
03-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #100
Pentaxian

I suppose it would be to be expected that this thread is quiet after the judgement has been passed but my subscription is still active .

Great shot of Zorbs, frission.
03-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #101
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
I suppose it would be to be expected that this thread is quiet after the judgement has been passed but my subscription is still active .

Great shot of Zorbs, frission.
I Googled your response because I didn't know the balls were called zorbs. They look like loads of fun in the snow!