Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #76
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
unixrevolution I am sorry to see you are having trouble getting your photos entered. Even though you can't get them up in time I would love to see what you have. ivoire submitted without entering this month and we are happy he did. ... and if this is any comfort to you ... your dilemma has motivated me to enter early for March's Point and Shoot.

Last edited by frission; 03-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.
03-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #77
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well here it is... drum roll, please.
Winners for the #51st Pentax Forums Point and Shoot Theme "Something In The Water"

Winner #1
NeatKnight
"Horsepower Cove"
At Lake Mead, Nevada
Camera: Fuji E900

A wonderful photograph with two levels for the theme of "Something In The Water"
This photo fooled me at first with its soft/subtle colors. I did not notice the fish below and passed it off as part of the water's patterns/reflections. This photo grows on me every time I look at it. It's beautiful. Kudos NeatKnight > I hand you the judge's gavel! Excellent capture for this theme.

Winner #2
chubasco
"Leaves Over Foxtail"
Camera: Sony DSC-V1

This is a gorgeous photo with two levels for the theme of "Something in the Water" I especially love the colors and composition. Congrats chubasco for winning 2nd position.

Winner #3
jheu02's
"Maximum Draft"
Camera: Olympus Stylus 1010

It's hard to capture a photo that tells a story with humor but "Maximum Draft" did that for me. It made me ponder over this stranger's life and gave me a good chuckle. Kudos for taking 3rd place, jheu02.

I will post the Honorable Mentions soon. I am still struggling!
03-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #78
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, all! It sure wasn't an easy job to judge this.
03-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #79
Forum Member

Original Poster
#51 Honorable Mentions

Honorable Mentions

There were too many great photos so I couldn't pick just 3.
Thank goodness I'm the judge and can make as many honorable mentions I want.
So here it is.... It's your fault that you all did such a great job!

G.T.
"Swan on the frozen lake"
Camera: Pentax Optio P80.

mmunogirl
"Golden Fishes"
Camera: panasonic fz20k]
"Kayak"
Camera: Optio wg-1

RyanW
Mirror Mirror
Camera: Pentax Optio E60

bmonki
"Man Searching In Fountain"
Camera: pentax Q 01 prime

barondla
"Dolphin MURAL @ Dentist"
Camera: Pentax Optio A10

kyteflyer
"Salad Vegies"
Camera: Olympus XZ-1

Bart
"Out To Sea"
Camera: Panasonic FX500

audiobomber
"Amazing Growth"
Camera: Canon PowerShot A720 IS

RoxnDox
"Starfish 25ft Depth Puget Sound"
Camera: Olympus XZ-1

03-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Congrats to NeatKnight (look forward to your upcoming theme) and the runners up! Great competition entries from all and thanks to frission (cool slide shows) for an excellent theme. So many wonderful photos this time around.
03-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to NeatKnight, chubasco and jheu02!

Indeed many wonderful entries in the contest and a great job by frission.

Looking forward to your contest, NeatKnight!
03-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Frission, thanks for 2nd place and congrats to NeatKnight and all who participated! Loved the
topic and was a fun contest!

03-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Congrats to the winners (glad I didn't have to be the judge!)

Jim
03-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frission Quote
unixrevolution I am sorry to see you are having trouble getting your photos entered. Even though you can't get them up in time I would love to see what you have. ivoire submitted without entering this month and we are happy he did. ... and if this is any comfort to you ... your dilemma has motivated me to enter early for March's Point and Shoot.
I usually wait till the end of the month or near the end of the month to enter, so I don't have to wait all month for the result AND in case I take a photo during the month that's better than one I would have submitted at the start. This time, though, I couldn't figure out why, but ALL uploads to any photo site were stalling. I tried PentaxForums, Flickr and Photobucket, and got the same result.

If the universe so strongly wishes that I don't share those particular shots, I'll let it have its way.
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Congratulations to the winners and a big "well done" to the other entrants. I thought there were a whole lot of potential winners among the entries and it was a tough one to judge.
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #86
G.T
Veteran Member

Na, you should fight against the universe, or whatever rules it. It's lots of fun, and a worthy contender
03-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Congrats, all, great shots. I loved max draft too, went into hysterics when I saw it, laffed myself silly!
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you everybody. The next theme will be announced shortly.
03-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #89
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
I usually wait till the end of the month or near the end of the month to enter, so I don't have to wait all month for the result AND in case I take a photo during the month that's better than one I would have submitted at the start. This time, though, I couldn't figure out why, but ALL uploads to any photo site were stalling. I tried PentaxForums, Flickr and Photobucket, and got the same result. If the universe so strongly wishes that I don't share those particular shots, I'll let it have its way.
I still would have like to see what you had but I understand that everyone has a way of doing things. I saw that on flickr they were having problems but since you had issues from other sites I suppose the universe had other plans for you

quote G.T "Na, you should fight against the universe, or whatever rules it. It's lots of fun, and a worthy contender."
lol I take it you've had good experience in fighting the universe to give this advise?
03-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to all the winners especially NeatKnight. Many wonderful images were entered. The contest just keeps getting better.

Interesting side note: When this contest first started there were few if any Pentax compacts represented. Adam was kind enough to permit our wacky idea allowing any brand camera. Look at the contest today and you will see lots of Pentax compacts represented. Good show.
thanks
barondla