Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are some really interesting interpretations of the theme. And they are all great. I'm glad I dont have anything this month, wouldnt be in the race. It would never have occurred to me to do some of these things. Three cheers for imagination!

03-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Well, I havent been v well so not getting out a lot lately, so no conflict in my life to photograph. I may well end up not entering this time.
Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps when you feel better you might delve into the archives, and surprise us!
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
Kind of conflict:

I don't think it's a good pic... don't be surprised if I withdraw it in a near future.
GT, I've shot and killed a few kudu and springbuck in my life, always to use the meat, never for fun or the trophies (my in-laws own a farm). I did keep the horns of one large kudu bull I shot, but never thought of mounting it on my wall. The past few years I decided to rather try and shoot them with my camera. Your photo, even if not technically the best, bit OOF, IMO actually enhances the conflict you are trying to show, and is very thought provoking, I would not withdraw it if it was mine
03-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
March Madness!
Pam, I do not know much about the game, but it do seem like major conflict from the beginning to the end, nice one

Last edited by altopiet; 03-13-2012 at 03:10 AM.
03-13-2012, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

My first (and maybe last) entry is with the Olympus XZ-1. I just couldn't resist!

What is and what is not a Point n Shoot!

***Note: No Egos were meant to be harmed in the making of this image

Last edited by ivoire; 03-15-2012 at 06:49 AM.
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Zing!!!! :-)

Jim
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
My first (and maybe last) entry is with the Olympus XZ-1. I just couldn't resist!

Michael, are you trying to open a can of worms again?

03-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
G.T
Veteran Member

I'm a bit late... Well, to me trophies are just proofs of conflicts. I hope this deer has been killed at first for its meat and not to be hung on a wall.
Technically, I was on my way back to home when we stopped to have a drink in a remote hostel in the middle of the countryside (yeah, remote and countryside in the same sentence, it means I was a way back in the middle of nowhere ), just with my P&S in my pocket. Hence the poor lighting leading to noise.
03-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #39
Veteran Member

GT, as I said
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
IMO actually enhances the conflict you are trying to show, and is very thought provoking, I would not withdraw it if it was mine
For all we know that one was killed by a car or something, it seems to be a small animal, and they just decided to mount the head. I just can't get trophy hunting as such, and how someone gets pleasure out of it, but in my part of the world it is actually a big industry attracting lots of overseas hunters.
03-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Michael, are you trying to open a can of worms again?
It seemed too ironic and humorous that conflict was the chosen topic so soon after the "what is and isn't" conflict. Since i am a fan of 'absurd' humor it just had to be done. "Resistance was futile"
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Was there conflict in that thread

Very creative ivoire!
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Muaaahahahah, well done!
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Bart and kyteflyer...... i humbly bow to the sweet madness in all of us

And for #2.... The conflict is photographing vs driving (was driving at 40mph and shot this without looking at the lcd) and as unixrevoultion pointed out...
QuoteQuote:
Those people on the bike are doing something much more harmful than what you are by taking their photo. No protective gear at all! If they lay that bike over, they're dead.

Don't try this at home! Leave it to the professionals.

Last edited by ivoire; 03-16-2012 at 07:56 AM.
03-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Bart and kyteflyer...... i humbly bow to the sweet madness in all of us

And for #2.... The conflict is photographing vs driving (was driving at 40mph and shot this without looking at the lcd)

Don't try this at home! Leave it to the professionals.
Ok, I surrender!!. You are dangerous!! Taking photos while driving, that is major conflict...., you don't need to post anymore, we get it
03-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #45
G.T
Veteran Member

Show me someone who does NOT take photos while driving...