Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #61
G.T
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
11 million people living in Belgium, for 1100 kind of beers. Sometimes I love maths ;-)

04-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank God for export or that would be a constant 11 million "gueules de bois"

(= hangover)
04-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's the problem with Belgium. So many beers and so little time.....
04-17-2012, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #64
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Don't miss the next thrilling episode- Oh! Wow!

We are just over half-way through the month with 19 entries submitted.

Has it escaped your attention that Immunogirl, GT and Frission have only submitted appetisers? Are they patiently waiting to sneak the winner's laurels with a killer image at the death of this contest?

Meanwhile there are past winners lurking silently in the background.
I speak, in hushed tones, of previous champions - "The Master of Light and Shadow"; Chubasco. "The Famous Film Fanatic"; Unixrevolution. And last, but not least, "The Man with the Q"; Barondla.
Will one of these three snatch the crown? Are they terrified of "The Masked Man", Ivoire?

Perhaps the present entries hold an unassailable advantage beyond challenge?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA.

Will an evil laugh echo through the dark streets of Paris when GT enters with the coup de grace?
Or will it be a subtle giggle when you see the image of Immunogirl kayaking the Niagra Falls? Oh! Wow!

Keep careful watch, my friends. I am certain something big is about to happen......

04-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anton Magus Quote
We are just over half-way through the month with 19 entries submitted.

Has it escaped your attention that Immunogirl, GT and Frission have only submitted appetisers? Are they patiently waiting to sneak the winner's laurels with a killer image at the death of this contest?

Meanwhile there are past winners lurking silently in the background.
I speak, in hushed tones, of previous champions - "The Master of Light and Shadow"; Chubasco. "The Famous Film Fanatic"; Unixrevolution. And last, but not least, "The Man with the Q"; Barondla.
Will one of these three snatch the crown? Are they terrified of "The Masked Man", Ivoire?

Perhaps the present entries hold an unassailable advantage beyond challenge?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA.

Will an evil laugh echo through the dark streets of Paris when GT enters with the coup de grace?
Or will it be a subtle giggle when you see the image of Immunogirl kayaking the Niagra Falls? Oh! Wow!

Keep careful watch, my friends. I am certain something big is about to happen......
I think I've scared off the competition with my "mafia" tactics. (remember to pm your address for the delivery of the JD). I'm actually surprised the other entries have not all been removed, I'll have to consider cleaning my tyre lever, don't want to leave greasy broken kneecaps all over the place
04-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Oh how the wise and clever Magus taunts the latent entrants with his wiley chatter! Have they such hidden images that even they are blinded by their beauty? Does their loss of vision from their own magnificence prevent the posting of said photos? The earth trembles! The heavens roar! We beseech you oh powerful Magus, ban them from further entries lest we mere mortals be crushed!
04-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Oh how the wise and clever Magus taunts the latent entrants with his wiley chatter! Have they such hidden images that even they are blinded by their beauty? Does their loss of vision from their own magnificence prevent the posting of said photos? The earth trembles! The heavens roar! We beseech you oh powerful Magus, ban them from further entries lest we mere mortals be crushed!

04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
My dear Ivoire
As my compatriot Altopiet will confirm, we live in a country that appears hell-bent on wrestling the trophy for "Most Corrupt in the World" from Nigeria.
Consequently I must say that I cannot ban entries from anyone, However, the winner makes the rules so for, shall we say a "consideration", I may be persuaded

By the way, if it is you wearing those masks, I am not so sure you should classify yourself with the "mere mortals".

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet:
...remember to pm your address for the delivery of the JD...
My son is the Jack drinker while I am more partial to the products of Scotland - although I have been known to do serious damage to a bottle of Klipdrif from time to time.
04-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #69
Veteran Member

All powerful Magus..... I am unable to confirm or deny the identity of the 'masked marvel'. However, were it I in that mask, as a non-mortal, let me assure you it would only be worn to humbly hide (my identity) from public view in the endeavor of saving Immunogirl in her perilous quest to conquer the raging Niagra.

As a mere mortal i bow to your contest entry decision. Viva rule #9!
04-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #70
G.T
Veteran Member

Time is not up. There are still some days to go.
Truth is, I am crawling through my archives to find something else, but I haven't found anything good enough. And from the dark, narrow streets of Paris, you'll hear a devilish laugh, "here's my pic, guys". What to cause a little fear, when it's dark...
04-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Immunogirl Quote
Unfortunately, I used my k-7 for these, so they're not entries. Let's say, this is what happened when a friend of mine left a citronella candle burning out on the deck on a windy day in the house of their new ex-friend.
That's far beyond Oh! Wow! I was speechless just seeing the damage recorded in your images, even without knowing the people.
When this kind of tragedy happens there is nothing to say except perhaps I hope nobody was burned in the fire.
Such a simple, easily made, mistake and yet the consequences are beyond terrible. Sympathies for all involved.
04-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Ouch! hurts to see those. Hope no one was hurt and that you are not the ex friend. I'm guessing they were insured but it doesn't make up for the loss or inconvenience.
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #73
Pentaxian

One candle did that?
Wow!
Pour souls.
04-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #74
Veteran Member

ONe candle on a deck, and a propane tank nearby on a grill... Not my house and the 4 people that were in it got out without injury which is the important thing. But all of that damage was done in about 30 mins.
04-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #75
Veteran Member

one word. YIKES. I get why its an ex-friend. I would not be forgiving either