Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ok ok ok.. Good Ponts..

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I think it NEEDS to be open ended for the theme of the contest. The whole point is that most of us carry our p&s with us everywhere for that shot we'd miss otherwise. It is a good thing to leave the subject open ended.
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Maybe, but the number of entries have been so few so the idea was as long as you actually have a recent p&s shot, you can enter. If the number of entries went up, then a theme could be added though.
Good Points LeRee and .. and.. Hopefully it will develop into a nice size competition. We are in a huge winter storm in Idaho my bf just got 10 inches at his overnight!!! UGH!! He has been taking some pics so I will have him post one for the contest...

Kim

01-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
my bf just got 10 inches at his overnight!!!

Oh you!
01-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #18
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice to see entries Remember according to the rules you can actually enter 2 shots.
02-03-2008, 03:16 AM   #19

These are from my wife's Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1, taken last month at Denver Zoo. I believe it was on Jan 18th. These two images are wonderful, and I had a difficult time choosing just one other picture in place of the excellent portrait shot of the fox.

I think I'll keep it as much foxy as possible for this thread.

Attached Images

02-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #20
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had a lumix tz20 before (sold it after i got the ds) nice camera, very good lens.

3 more days to post shots before its all over
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #21
Veteran Member

And one more, for diversity.
Again, Pentax Optio S. My first and only digital camera thus far.

And that's about it from me.
02-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Well, despite carrying my Pentax Optio S everywhere with me (except when I've got my K10D with me) I've only got three shots that I'd even consider posting. The rest are great for memories and "who was where when" photos but not technically good photos. Unfortunately one of these was taken with my Canon S5 IS because that's what I've got at work and couldn't pass up the sunset from my office window (more on that later).

This is at our ski club. It's the top of a snowboard park but it was closed because of bad conditions. At the time this shot was taken they were going full blast with the snowmaking machinery and that's the cloud in the middle of the photo. I thought it had a kind of eerie feel to it, and it was actually a bright sunny day, but the cloud of snow being made in the trees made it look a lot more grey. I tried this in b/w but actually liked it better in colour eventhough there isn't much contrast. Keep in mind I was halfway down the ski hill, stopped at this spot, took off my gloves, opened my jacket to get the camera out, and stood over an orange snow fence to keep it out of the photo.
#1 Pentax Optio S January 20, 2008

This is a stand of trees at the top of our ski hill and every morning the sun comes through them nicely. I take this photo every morning going out skiing, mainly to archive what the weather was like during a particular season, but this one is my favourite of the morning shots.
#2 Pentax Optio S January 27, 2008

OK, I'll admit I use a Canon on occasion, mostly due to availability at work. This was a very hard shot to get because of the angle of my building, the window only opens a crack (just enough to get the lens poking out, and I'm leaning over a radiator to get this. Also, I'm on the 3rd floor and there is a lower second floor that extends out beyond the tower, you can see it in the foreground. I tried some cropping but it didn't look right. All in all I thought it was a nice sky, and unfortunately I've seen a lot of nice sunsets from my office window that I'd rather be sharing with my wife on some beach somewhere...
#3 Canon S5 IS January 24, 2008

I know we're only allowed to enter 2 but I thought these three were my best, if I've violated contest rules consider me a "non-official" participant and I'll defer to those who have stuck to the rules. (Hey, gimme a break my Leafs are in the dumpers and I need something....) Username Leaf Fan

Last edited by Leaf Fan; 02-07-2008 at 08:15 AM.
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Here's my two submission. The first taken on January 24th. I was on the way to dinner and drinks with a friend and we spotted this rainbow. It was sprinkling and we were hungry. I jumped out of car for a couple quick shots.

I usually carry plenty of memory and extra batteries. But this day I ran out of both in my k10d and pulled out my p&s to take this shot, taken on February 2. Oh and of course anything that looks like a dust spot is a bird, no dust spots with a p&s so that is a plus. lol At least now I have somewhere to share these p&s shots.

02-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Footsteps in the sand - a beach in Darwin, NT. Fuji F11

02-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Well, and, what's the verdict?
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM   #26
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah yes, The contest is now over and I will post a new thread later with my verdict
02-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #27
Veteran Member

In case you haven't noticed, contest #3 can be found > https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-p-s-camera-discussion/20732-point-...ntest-3-a.html < here